Universal movie scraper won't scrape imdb id (most of the time)
I am trying to scrape a video with an imdb id both in the title, and manually. This is the folder

Code:
ISO/
    |
    |-- 1984 - tt0087803/
        |--  1984 -tt0087803.iso

My scraper settings are:
Code:
contents: movies
scraper: universal movie scraper
Movies in separate folders: yes
scan recursively: no
contains single video: no

Selecting the video (1984 -tt0087803.iso file), then scan to library, the keyboard pops up for manual search name. I type in there the IMDB id (tt0087803), it asks to ignore local information, and I select yes. I the get back to the keyboard. Did this several times - same thing.

The IMDB id IS correct (check it out for yourself).  This works for some videos (within the same folder), and not for others. I checked the log file (which I will upload) and it is fairly obvious that the scraper does a request first for the title, then for the id.

FWIW: this happens on various other movie types, not just .iso under the ISO folder.

Help appreciated

TIA

ken

----
Log paste url:
     https://paste.kodi.tv/fafeqeqero.kodi
IMDB have made changes to their site, and it has affected the scraper. There have been other reports for similar issues.

@olympia would need to look into it.

Until such time, remove the ttxxx from the file name as it is confusing the scraper, then try scraping. If you are still having issues use a Parsing NFO file or change scrapers.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-05-30, 22:57)Karellen Wrote: IMDB have made changes to their site, and it has affected the scraper. There have been other reports for similar issues.

@olympia would need to look into it.

Until such time, remove the ttxxx from the file name as it is confusing the scraper, then try scraping. If you are still having issues use a Parsing NFO file or change scrapers.

I was going to move this to a new thread, but this answers several problems. Mainly IMDB not consistently returning information - plot, cast, etc. As for the 'tt' problem, I finally got to update to v19 (needed to upgrade Fedora first, with its own problems), and have used the 'tt' id in a manual search whch actually worked almost all if the times.

Thanks for the response,

ken
(2021-05-30, 22:57)Karellen Wrote: IMDB have made changes to their site, and it has affected the scraper. There have been other reports for similar issues.
Thanks @Karellen. I thought something was wrong on my end, because I've been experiencing this issue for 3 days now.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2021-06-03, 02:19)shedrock Wrote:
Thanks @Karellen. I thought something was wrong on my end, because I've been experiencing this issue for 3 days now.

Regards,

Shedrock

Yep.  Here too.   I'm using Universal Movie Scraper and the most common stuff is not being found. And IMDB and their odd new format is to blame.

As this is an irritation, I used the google and found this tip that seems to work.  IF your scraper does not seem to find the new movie that you added, then follow this method (until the scrapers get aligned with IMDB):

1) MOVE the film that is not getting scanned to a temp place.

2) Clean your library (to remove knowledge of that file).

3) Create an NFO file, named after your movie,  that only has a link to the film in it.

4) Copy over your movie and new NFO back to where you store your movies.

5) Rescan.  et voilà !

So, here is an example:

...  Video name:    Escape.from.Planet.Earth.2013.1080p.BluRay.H264.AAC.mp4

...  NFO File Name:    Escape.from.Planet.Earth.2013.1080p.BluRay.H264.AAC.NFO

...  Contents of NFO:     https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0765446/

While it may not get all related data it will grab the majority of the info and put it into your library.

-------------
For the new folks, an NFO file is a TXT file that you have created and renamed.  Then, look up the name of the film on IMDB, and put the link for that film into your NFO.
(2021-06-04, 17:14)zebraitis Wrote: Yep.  Here too.   I'm using Universal Movie Scraper and the most common stuff is not being found. And IMDB and their odd new format is to blame.
Thanks, what I've been doing is refreshing a movie that had data in it which ends up being blank after refresh, then I go and do a search for new addons, then I return to the movie and refresh it, and it it then works. I have absolutely no idea why that works for me, but it does. I just stumbled across that by accident.

Regards,

Shedrock
YES! Spent about an hour trying to fix one TV Movie but this worked right off the bat. Thanks!
(2021-06-04, 17:14)zebraitis Wrote: Yep.  Here too.   I'm using Universal Movie Scraper and the most common stuff is not being found. And IMDB and their odd new format is to blame.

As this is an irritation, I used the google and found this tip that seems to work.  IF your scraper does not seem to find the new movie that you added, then follow this method (until the scrapers get aligned with IMDB):

1) MOVE the film that is not getting scanned to a temp place.

2) Clean your library (to remove knowledge of that file).

3) Create an NFO file, named after your movie,  that only has a link to the film in it.

4) Copy over your movie and new NFO back to where you store your movies.

5) Rescan.  et voilà !

So, here is an example:

...  Video name:    Escape.from.Planet.Earth.2013.1080p.BluRay.H264.AAC.mp4

...  NFO File Name:    Escape.from.Planet.Earth.2013.1080p.BluRay.H264.AAC.NFO

...  Contents of NFO:     https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0765446/

While it may not get all related data it will grab the majority of the info and put it into your library.

-------------
For the new folks, an NFO file is a TXT file that you have created and renamed.  Then, look up the name of the film on IMDB, and put the link for that film into your NFO.

Sorry for the thread necro, but I just had this problem and either this was the fix, or removing the tt parts of file names(which I did at the same time). Thank you!
Has Kodi or the scraper still not updated to handle the IMDB changes?
(2023-02-10, 13:59)MeMeMe Wrote: Has Kodi or the scraper still not updated to handle the IMDB changes?

UMS is scraping (can scrape) everything, but title from IMDb.
(2023-02-12, 23:44)olympia Wrote:
(2023-02-10, 13:59)MeMeMe Wrote: Has Kodi or the scraper still not updated to handle the IMDB changes?

UMS is scraping (can scrape) everything, but title from IMDb.

Weird. I had a problem scraping two movies with the imdb in their names (not sure if I can name the movies, but they were both chinese movies that had different original names). One was being scraped with the wrong name, and one wasn't scraped at all.
Once I removed the imdb id from the folders, they were scraped correctly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal movie scraper won't scrape imdb id (most of the time)0