Kodi 19.1 terminating on loading screen on Android TV
Hey, I've got an issue with Kodi 19.1 terminating on loading screen on Android TV.

It had been working successfully after upgrading to Kodi 19.0 and the latest Sony Bravia OS version for several days until today.  I am not aware of anything changing, which is not to say something hasn't.

Things tried:
- Upgrading to Kodi 19.1 (no change)
- Removing guisettings.xml (re-added when there was no change)
- Moving from USB storage to internal storage (returned to USB storage when there was no change)

Logs with DEBUG turned on: https://paste.kodi.tv/ehahatataj.kodi

I can't see any obvious pointers in what's a very brief (unedited) log so I'm hoping for some help?
Hi dlanod,

Have you found a solution to this? I've just updated from 18.9 to 19.1 on my Sony Bravia and am having the same problem.

Thanks,
Wightpants.
Sometime I got similar problems when profiles.xml is trim to 0 size, then deleting profiles.xml are fixing.
(2021-06-10, 21:32)Wightpants Wrote: Hi dlanod,

Have you found a solution to this? I've just updated from 18.9 to 19.1 on my Sony Bravia and am having the same problem.

Thanks,
Wightpants.
Nothing.  It still doesn't work. 

I intend to back up everything, wipe it out and reinstall (and if that doesn't work, downgrade), but I haven't had a chance to do it yet.
For anyone else facing this issue, I got Kodi working again fine after:
  1. backing up all my user files with Wifi Explorer Pro, 
  2. uninstalling Kodi,
  3. reinstalling Kodi (still 19.1),
  4. copying back the user files.
I had to re-setup my skin (I tried restoring it but Kodi choked on installing my skin if the settings of the new skin were already there, resulting in a horrific cross-breed skin between Estuary and Aeon) and didn't bother restoring thumbnails, but other than that my media and watched states were all still in place (key to me!).
Good to know, thanks.

I've done a fresh install. To be honest, there was probably a few old addons and stuff that were clogging things up so a bit of spring cleaning isn't too bad an idea.
And it happened again a couple of weeks later.  Sigh.
You need to go with default settings, go for cache clear. There are few bugs in 19.1 version wait for next build and it will be solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 19.1 terminating on loading screen on Android TV0