v19 v19 Music Video Changes
Maybe I'm missing something with a new setting... but my music videos on the home screen are missing the artist and song text at the bottom of the poster. I have no idea what will play. Was this intentional for some reason, or overlooked? It seems to be the same layout as movies instead of music now. I also prefer the square 1:1 ratio of the artist posters the way they were in v18 and below. I use 500x500px artist logo images for my music videos and audio music... is there a way to make these changes back? Maybe replace specific xml files from my previous v18 backup folder? I really want to update to v19+ on my media players, but the music video poster aspect ratio change and lack of artist name and song title on the home screen are keeping me from doing so... I've spent a lot of time on these manually creating the posters and nfo files. Thanks.
There is a new skin setting for Estuary in v19 that allows you to toggle between posters (in movie style poster dimensions) and thumbs (the square dimensions)

Make sure that is disabled for square thumbs, then everything should be back to how it was for v18. I guess the default was perhaps made to set that enabled, which probably wasn't the best idea as it results in a change of what's displayed upon upgrade of an exisiting install.
(2021-06-01, 11:21)jjd-uk Wrote: There is a new skin setting for Estuary in v19 that allows you to toggle between posters (in movie style poster dimensions) and thumbs (the square dimensions)

Make sure that is disabled for square thumbs, then everything should be back to how it was for v18. I guess the default was perhaps made to set that enabled, which probably wasn't the best idea as it results in a change of what's displayed upon upgrade of an exisiting install.
Thanks for the reply... but this doesn't fix my issue, it also doesn't change it back to the way it was in v18. This just switches from poster, which I want, to an auto generated thumbnail of the video. v18 was always a square aspect ratio whether it displayed a poster, artist or thumbnail. In v18 and previous, posters were square like the music section. I could technically go through the process and convert all of my artist posters' aspect ratios... but it still doesn't display the artist name and song on the home page, which seems like an oversight in the new version.
If you want square artwork then you should be using thumb.jpg or cover.jpg I believe. Music Videos is not a section I ever use however, so @black_eagle or perhaps @scott967 might know better.
(2021-06-01, 18:45)jjd-uk Wrote: If you want square artwork then you should be using thumb.jpg or cover.jpg I believe. Music Videos is not a section I ever use however, so @black_eagle or perhaps @scott967 might know better.
Ok wow, that worked! I was so focused on a change in the new version of the skin and it's behavior... I thought I would have to go in a customize the skin xml or wait for a skin update. Changing the artist logo image filenames from poster to thumb... and switching that music video option off did the trick... and it shows the artist name and song title. Seems simple, which I was hoping for... really appreciate the help in pointing me in the right direction!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
v19 Music Video Changes0