Show Limit
So I've been wondering how many shows per channel are about the sweet spot so that all shows are in the video playlist? and if I could ask what the best way to make an episodes playlist would be? I know obviously you choose episodes, and then point the rule to search for a tag to get the shows from, but I feel like I am missing another step or additional rules. Any help would be much appreciated.
(2021-06-01, 20:17)Caenx82 Wrote: So I've been wondering how many shows per channel are about the sweet spot so that all shows are in the video playlist? and if I could ask what the best way to make an episodes playlist would be? I know obviously you choose episodes, and then point the rule to search for a tag to get the shows from, but I feel like I am missing another step or additional rules. Any help would be much appreciated.

I'm not sure what you mean by all shows pseudotv will build channels as they are configured in the playlist; if you want to include all TV shows you can...

It would probably be easier to describe the type of channel you're looking to build... How do you want your content to appear, etc...

Otherwise, for me a standard "episode" playlist only contains two rules the TV show title/titles and ordered by episode. So they play in episode order. Output = Show 1 EP 1, Show 2 EP 1, etc...

BTW the above is also the default behavior for all Predefined "TV/Episode" channels in PseudoTV Live.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2021-06-01, 21:12)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-06-01, 20:17)Caenx82 Wrote: So I've been wondering how many shows per channel are about the sweet spot so that all shows are in the video playlist? and if I could ask what the best way to make an episodes playlist would be? I know obviously you choose episodes, and then point the rule to search for a tag to get the shows from, but I feel like I am missing another step or additional rules. Any help would be much appreciated.

I'm not sure what you mean by all shows pseudotv will build channels as they are configured in the playlist; if you want to include all TV shows you can...

It would probably be easier to describe the type of channel you're looking to build... How do you want your content to appear, etc...

Otherwise, for me a standard "episode" playlist only contains two rules the TV show title/titles and ordered by episode. So they play in episode order. Output = Show 1 EP 1, Show 2 EP 1, etc...

BTW the above is also the default behavior for all Predefined "TV/Episode" channels in PseudoTV Live.

I have mostly set the playlists to random, I so far have 2 channels made that work well, a SciFi Channel (playing shows before they rebranded to Syfy)
and a Cartoon Network channel that has all of the old Cartoon Network shows on them. I might redo the SciFi Channel playlist to how you have it, because some episodes are 2 part episodes that would benefit from it.
(2021-06-01, 21:31)Caenx82 Wrote:
(2021-06-01, 21:12)Lunatixz Wrote:

I have mostly set the playlists to random, I so far have 2 channels made that work well, a SciFi Channel (playing shows before they rebranded to Syfy)
and a Cartoon Network channel that has all of the old Cartoon Network shows on them. I might redo the SciFi Channel playlist to how you have it, because some episodes are 2 part episodes that would benefit from it.

FYI when dealing with multi-part episodes if you'd like to always keep them "pair/linked" together you should enable "stacking" in Kodi and make sure your advancedsettings.xml has a proper regex entry for your naming schema.
https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_file...ideo_Files
https://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings....out_Season
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I think I got it mostly sorted I am getting a new external tomorrow to transfer over all of my tv shows so I will probably start from scratch again and make more channels. Cant wait to see what else this addon has in store in the future.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Show Limit0