• 1(current)
Beta Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Resurrection
OLD NAME: Arctic Zephyr 2 Heppen Mods

This is a light mod of Arctic Zephyr 2 by heppen. Arctic Zephyr 2 is a minimalistic skin created by jurialmunkey and moded to work with Kodi 19 Matrix by pkscout. The skin is designed to be simple so that the user can focus on their media content. In addition to the default light colour scheme, the skin also includes a number of darker variations.
More screenshosts: https://imgur.com/a/wUWfIND

Short presentation of the skin:

Hey all! Smile

It is mod of well knowns and liked skin, Arctic Zephyr 2. Big thanks to jurialmunkey for creating it and pkscout for moded it to working with Kodi 19 Matrix.
Now it's my time ^^ This skin is no longer maintained so I decided to take a work in my hands. I wanna to make some changes to fit my liking and make some bug fixes. For now, there are no many changes, but I am still working on it! I hope I will keep consistency of the skin as well as my changes will not be overwhelming. If you want something to add, please write to me. I will consider it and if I will be able to make those changes, I will do it.
I will try to keep it in life as long as I will can. Hope, you will be happy with using this skin as I am Smile

Changelog:

Code:

- improvements for DialogVideoInfo
    - added themoviedb icon
    - changed small landscape art
    - improvements for play and browser button in DialogVideoInfo
    - updated polish language string
    - updated color flag icons
    - added option to automatically switch colour theme based on time
    - added two netflix icons
    - changed art thumb for tv shows
    - bring back previous behavior on play button inside DialogVideoInfo
    - fix for play button in DialogVideoInfo
    - changes to play button in DialogVideoInfo
    - some tweaks to resurrection.png
    - fix for missing artist name in music artists widget
    - added option to disable/enable imdb votes count
    - Add Timeshift to PVR OSD (thanks @FXB78)!
    - some tweaks to flag icons
    - added user rating flag in colorful icons
    - some improvements for skin wizard
    - updated colorful flags
    - Fullscreen music window enabler (thanks to @frodo19)!
    - fixed custom skin wizard and enabled home layout options
    - getting rid of script.toolbox in favor of embuary helper
    - some tweaks to resurrection.png
    - added option to choose between colorful and monochrome icons
    - added update library button to manage section in DialogVideoInfo
    - added kodi icon as an option in horizontal menu layout
    - fix for landscape and small landscape apect ratio
    - make background fanart fullscreen for netflix style view
    - fix for smartplaylist
    - reimplementation menu style using script toolbox
    - added option to set only icons for vertical and netflix style menu layout
    - temporary fix to landscape aspect ratio (small landscape still need a fix)
    - added embuary helper as dependency
    - introducing new dark netflix style layout
    - introducing new home layout - netflix style
    - Hungarian language updated
    - small fix for rt usermeter flag
    - reenabled youtube videos for tests
    - fixed scrolling back when you are in last option in settings
    - some tweaks to 4k rips source flags
    - fixed first setup wizard may not appear
    - added setup wizard for initial setup skin after installation (may not appear for now...)
    - updated some language strings
    - added Polish language translation
    - small overlay opacity tweaks
    - added option to enable blur for background
    - enabled local informations in info-dialog
    - disabled update addon button
    - some improvements for info-dialog list
    - added settings for choosing focus frame border size
    - added year to be displayed after movie title in widget on home screen
    - tuned splash screen animations
    - temporary disabled youtube videos from DialogVideoInfo
    - added 3 and 5 seconds as an option in auto close osd
    - removed skin helper from widgets
    - code cleanup
    - moved info from studio to bottom
    - fixed some themoviedb helper errors
    - added Coreelec specific playerprocessinfos
    - added playerprocesinfo button to video OSD
    - some optimalizations and tweaks for DialogVideoInfo
    - changes to extendedinfo
    - updated language strings
    - removed embuary addons from dependency
    - some optimization
    - added button to manage trakt.tv list from DialogVideoInfo view
    - added possibility to set favourites as a widget
    - fix for trakt ratings
    - fix for rottentomatoes usermeter
    - Hungarian lang added (thanks to @frodo19)
    - moved auto close osd after delay button to general options
    - added auto close osd control after delay
    - removed references to unused addons
    - added trakt.tv ratings
    - removed theme switcher references
    - rebranding from "heppen mod" to "arctic zephyr 2 resurrection"
    - removed unused settings
    - more fixes for ratings
    - removed colorbox dependencies
    - cleanups from code that did not works
    - disabled extrafanart button
    - switched from skinhelper to tmdbhelper
    - moved epg button in video osd view
    - fixed ratings in DialogVideoInfo
    - added "power menu" entry to main menu on initial setup
    - reduced height of manage dialog window in DialogVideoInfo.xml
    - fixed update button in addon info window
    - rolled back ratings fixes to avoid performance regress
    - updated images
    - added arial fonts
    - fixed ratings in DialogVideoInfo.xml view
    - added channel numbers to DialogPVRChannelsOSD view
    - another fix for artist slideshow in MusicVisualisation.xml view
    - show current channels group in DialogPVRChannelsOSD view
    - fix for artist slideshow in MusicVisualisation.xml view
    - added small busy spinner for reloading widgets
    - small fixes
    - filled debugging settings with image and description
    - some fixes for new section in settings page
    - moved debugging button to new section
    - added new section to settings page
    - added button to easy turning on/off debugging info
    - little changes in LiveTV OSD
    - temporary fix for youtube videos from DialogVideoInfo
    - enabled minimal busy loader for Home view
    - small fix for Includes_DialogVideoInfo
    - changed branding

Installation: 

You can install it, in two ways.
I can recommend you to install it from repository for easy updates: Or, you can install it directly from Kodi File Manager: If you want, you can install it manually but keep in mind, every update you will have to install it manually... Download latest version from github: skin.arctic.zephyr.2.resurrection.mod

# INFO ABOUT MAINTAINING THIS SKIN
Current maintainer is DenDy, so for up to date skin please refer to his repository, info from him:
Quote:I would like to inform you that I have created a repository. This will make installation and updates easier.
Repo link for file manager: https://dendygh.github.io
Repo (.zip): https://dendygh.github.io/repository.dendygh-1.1.zip

A quick reminder for returning/new az2r users, as my previous post (#1,507) may have gone unnoticed.
I am mainly focused on bug fixing, so please report anything you find

Thanks, for keeping this skin up to date and alive!

That's all! I wish you a pleasant use of the skin!

# Donation
I don't deserve it anymore...

# How to get ratings working?
To get movie/tv show ratings working you need to get OMDb API Keys.
When you have api key, go to settings > add-ons > my add-ons > video add-ons > TheMovieDb Helper > settings > API Keys > enter you API key there
After that, you have to enable TheMovieDb to showing ratings. Go to skin settings > Library > Choose displayed ratings > and check TheMovieDb
You may also want to enable "Extras and special features"
Go to skin settings > Miscellaneous > Choose info-dialog lists > check "Use online information" and "Extras and special features" also
That's all! Enjoy Smile
Thanks. I love AZ2 and I was sad to loose it when upgrading to Matrix.
(2021-06-02, 12:47)user2313 Wrote: Thanks. I love AZ2 and I was sad to loose it when upgrading to Matrix.
No problem. I'm happy I can do something since I love this skin also Smile
(2021-06-02, 13:25)nfm886 Wrote:
(2021-06-02, 12:47)user2313 Wrote: Thanks. I love AZ2 and I was sad to loose it when upgrading to Matrix.
No problem. I'm happy I can do something since I love this skin also Smile

I'm still using PK Scout's mod but I will be happy to give this a test drive.
Thanks for taking up the maintenance of AZ2. I've been using your mod for a couple of days now (found on github) and I'm loving the changes and fixes you've made, especially the channel no. in liveOSD and ratings in movie info.

I'll be glad if you could look into the following bugs. These are the bugs which are present on AZ2 on Matrix even on pkscout mod and modified og AZ2:
  • Ratings on movie widgets (Only numeric ratings are visible on widgets for movies)
  • Update button in addon info page
  • Height of 'Manage' dialog in 'DialogVideoInfo.xml' (the extra space was used for artwork beef on Leia)

For ratings on tv show widgets, in 0.2.1 imdb ratings were also visible similar to pkscout mod but in 0.2.2 they're gone.

In tv show info, there is flicker on imdb logo when it appears. The flicker was not present 0.2.1. Same flickering is also there when ratings appear in movie info. Not that it matters, but the skin feels bit sluggish after it happens (at least on my setup). The sluggishness only goes away when I reload the skin.

I hope these changes are not too much to ask.

Thanks again for this mod and reviving AZ2 for Matrix.
Thanks for reviving AZ2 👍
hay hay, Sign me on for testing and help. I was tweaking this skin myself but I'm the old fart from the html days and this Python is having my eye constantly twitching.

I found the geometric background boxes to be to loud a image so replaced them with this simple solid shade, try it out you will see on the dark modes its far cleaner and better looking.

location in AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.arctic.zephyr.2.heppen.mod\media\common

https://www.mediafire.com/view/aei68eug5uz35et/geometric.png/file

your repository is missing image data on the install,

I was looking at a rename since its a rebirth, just a thought you can pinch it lol other than Knights lol
(2021-06-03, 08:37)iphonenexus Wrote: Thanks for taking up the maintenance of AZ2. I've been using your mod for a couple of days now (found on github) and I'm loving the changes and fixes you've made, especially the channel no. in liveOSD and ratings in movie info.

I'll be glad if you could look into the following bugs. These are the bugs which are present on AZ2 on Matrix even on pkscout mod and modified og AZ2:
  • Ratings on movie widgets (Only numeric ratings are visible on widgets for movies)
  • Update button in addon info page
  • Height of 'Manage' dialog in 'DialogVideoInfo.xml' (the extra space was used for artwork beef on Leia)

For ratings on tv show widgets, in 0.2.1 imdb ratings were also visible similar to pkscout mod but in 0.2.2 they're gone.

In tv show info, there is flicker on imdb logo when it appears. The flicker was not present 0.2.1. Same flickering is also there when ratings appear in movie info. Not that it matters, but the skin feels bit sluggish after it happens (at least on my setup). The sluggishness only goes away when I reload the skin.

I hope these changes are not too much to ask.

Thanks again for this mod and reviving AZ2 for Matrix.

Hi, thanks for you feedback.
I'm still working on ratings since it's not that easy to fix it. I know about performance regress because it happens on my laptop setup too, what is weird, on CoreELEC it seems it works much better. However I will still working on it. After publishing my mod I have a lot of feedbacks from people which I love Smile In this situation I have a lot of works and I'm trying my best to make everyone happy Smile

Update button should not be that hard to fix so maybe today or later I will fix it.

"Height of 'Manage' dialog in 'DialogVideoInfo.xml' (the extra space was used for artwork beef on Leia)" - this I have to investigate because I did not notice it before. Thanks for telling me about it.

"In tv show info, there is flicker on imdb logo when it appears. The flicker was not present 0.2.1. Same flickering is also there when ratings appear in movie info" - Hmm.. Can you make a video or something? Would be nice Smile
(2021-06-03, 09:39)Silent Knight Wrote: hay hay, Sign me on for testing and help. I was tweaking this skin myself but I'm the old fart from the html days and this Python is having my eye constantly twitching.

I found the geometric background boxes to be to loud a image so replaced them with this simple solid shade, try it out you will see on the dark modes its far cleaner and better looking.

location in AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.arctic.zephyr.2.heppen.mod\media\common

https://www.mediafire.com/view/aei68eug5uz35et/geometric.png/file

your repository is missing image data on the install,

I was looking at a rename since its a rebirth, just a thought you can pinch it lol other than Knights lol

Thanks for your feedback!

It's a good idea. Maybe I will make a switch to change settings for geometric background boxes to something else.

"your repository is missing image data on the install,"

Hmm.. It was working before I think so probably I broke something Tongue Gonna fix it soon, since I made new screenshots so it's time to refresh it Smile
I just wanted to thanks you all guys!
A lot of feedback, I love it Smile

I don't know how fast I will be able to fix all the bugs since I'm still learning but gonna do my best to makes everyone's happy! Thanks skin deserves to live as long as it can!
maybe for the missing information you can use this image, instead of the bird with Zephyr ;P
I can clean it up if you like it.

Quote:"In tv show info, there is flicker on imdb logo when it appears. The flicker was not present 0.2.1. Same flickering is also there when ratings appear in movie info" - Hmm.. Can you make a video or something? Would be nice 
I meant TV shows.
What happens with this mod- https://imgur.com/a/JjQxh4l
For comparison, pkscout mod- https://imgur.com/a/vU6JjZW
Also flicker on movie ratings- https://imgur.com/a/k26zsjN

There is some flickering with TV show info as well for both tmdb and imdb but it's not noticeable in video.
(2021-06-03, 11:45)Silent Knight Wrote: maybe for the missing information you can use this image, instead of the bird with Zephyr ;P
I can clean it up if you like it.

Looks nice, thanks! Smile Maybe I will make some tweaks for this image and I will use it for missing images and my default repository img Smile

#edit
Ok, I made somethings like this: https://imgur.com/BGdRxSo
If you can, please add a nice font since I don't have any installed on my system ^^
Thanks!
(2021-06-03, 12:03)iphonenexus Wrote:
Quote:"In tv show info, there is flicker on imdb logo when it appears. The flicker was not present 0.2.1. Same flickering is also there when ratings appear in movie info" - Hmm.. Can you make a video or something? Would be nice 
I meant TV shows.
What happens with this mod- https://imgur.com/a/JjQxh4l
For comparison, pkscout mod- https://imgur.com/a/vU6JjZW
Also flicker on movie ratings- https://imgur.com/a/k26zsjN

There is some flickering with TV show info as well for both tmdb and imdb but it's not noticeable in video.
Ok, now I know what's the problem. Gonna try to fix this for sure Smile
Also I think I found a temporary fix for performance regress. I hope it will works for now, but need to implement it.
This is nice great job. Just wondering if you can add the more item at the end of a widget. If you show 25 movies on a widget should be able to click more next to it to scroll through all. Currently, it stops and really no way to get to your list other than open up the add on. Maybe I missed something. Thanks👍
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Resurrection0