Is samba working in alpha 4
whats the 'recycler' folder? Isn't that the recycle bin? Can that be hidden?
r15167 should fix the <None> -> C:\ or "/" problem.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i am using alpha 4 and samba isn't working for me either
but my orig xbox can find it with no problems.
i had problems with SMB - i cant remember specifically as i found a workaround and just stuck with that

if you map network drives (in windows) then add those drives as sources (in xbmc), it all works

also you have to ensure that none of your mapped drives are using reserved XBOX drives (original xbox i mean) such as T:\ Q:\ Z:\ (i forget which exactly... there is a forum post that i saw somewhere)
yeah that'll work because its not using xbmc's internal samba client, but the operating system. the drive letters you shouldn't use are Q,P,T,U,Z.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Drive_Mapping
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
I bellive this issue should be fixed in the future ?
I dont see the logic of xbmc "hi-jacking" those drive letters. This will surely become a user issue for many not so techy users.

Atleast xbmc should do a check for what drive letters that is available during install or first-time run. This way xbmc isn't screwing system drive letters that allready exists. ?
It will be fixed in the future, yes. Just not in time for atlantis.

The-Boxhead Wrote:I bellive this issue should be fixed in the future ?
I dont see the logic of xbmc "hi-jacking" those drive letters. This will surely become a user issue for many not so techy users.

Atleast xbmc should do a check for what drive letters that is available during install or first-time run. This way xbmc isn't screwing system drive letters that allready exists. ?

XBMC is based on the xbox and still uses the legacy file system stuff. Wouldn't it be easy to get rid of it we still would have done it.
sorry if that post came across the wrong way. never said anything was easy Wink Just wanted to check devs future plans on this issue.

I couldent find any ticket for this. then again maybe im blind as usual Wink
If this is not a ticket i would be glad to create one.
related tickets:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/4393 and http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/4578
Hi everybody I have problems copying / moving files from samba to HD folder. When I try to do it the gui (Project M III) shows progress bar and freezes and the only thing I cand do is to kill xbmc with ctrl alt del. In the background the file is actually copyed but I cannot know when the copy is finished nor the status of the copy. When the background copy completes, the GUI remains frozen.
Thanks for help.
Bye
I have the same problem.

I get this when i try to browse for SAMBAS share ,

Error 1073741772: share not available

I have tried smb:/<computer name>/drive name
doesnt work

any ideas on how to fix this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is samba working in alpha 40