Release Bello 8 for Matrix 19.xx
Sorry for the late reply... there no easy way to always show the submenus. You need to edit the code extensively and it's not an easy task since several components (infos etc) are show/hide depending on when the submenus are hide/show.

Cheers
Nessus
Is there going to be an update on bello like a new layout?
I am thinking of adding a vertical home menu option in the Bello 9 for Nexus but i don't know if i will have the time to do it.

In any case Bello 9 will be release to the public (with or without vertical home menu) after Nexus final is out. Donors like always will have access to early builds of the developing process.

Cheers
Nessus
Hi Nessus,

First of all thanks for such a great skin. I have just come back to Bello after upgrading my media box from Krypton on a Wetec box to Matrix on the NVidia Shield & just loving Bello 8.

I have come across what I think is a small bug in the information screen for both Movies & TV Shows. I exported my old library & imported into the Shield using nfo's & locally stored fan art & posters. The issue I am seeing is when the external drive is not connected the Poster art in the information screen is not being populated, the fanart is. Both are also displayed in the library view without issue when the drive is removed. I have tried another skin & the default kodi skin & the poster is displayed OK in the Info screen when the drive is removed.
Hopefully this is something that can be sorted unless I have done something wrong.
@taurus35 
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3117509
Sorry for bother you, i hope you will release bello 9 soon cause nexus is out
Yep... Coming Soon...

Hey. Could you optimize the skin a bit?

You seem to compose quite a lot of layers, which could be squashed in one diffuse texture. For example in the "Posters 2" view you apply "window blinds" as diffuse texture on top of a fanart; followed by a vignette, a darkening layer and a gradient. You could bake all of the layers into the diffuse you use for the fanart. To have variety for the views, you could use different diffuse textures.

You also seem to present a default backdrop (grey noise) below the fanart. By avoiding this, you could save GPU resources.

The Netflix view has a black texture covering the black background. You could discard this too.

There are also other optimization opportunities, but those are the biggest ones. Depending on the circumstances, you could get rid of over 50% GPU workload, enabling low-end devices to display this skin at high framerates.
(2023-03-07, 18:35)nessus Wrote: Yep... Coming Soon...

Thank you
@sarbes 

Thank you for your suggestions. Will have a look to what i can improve although the skin in a 10 years old Quad Core with 4GB RAM workstation of mine, it's running in a lighting speed.

If you have any suggestions in terms of code and graphics feel free to send a pull request in skin's GitHub.

In any case, i am not going to make any changes at the expense of the look and feel of the skin for some minor gain on performance.

Cheers
Nessus
I'm not suggesting that you should compromise on visual quality. I merely wanted to point out that there is a lot of potential, considering that there are a lot of devices out there which struggle to achieve a fluid presentation.

And I do see potential for up to 2x improvement, which I wouldn't call minor.
No worries. I totally understand. And like i said pull requests are always welcome.

Cheers
Nessus

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bello 8 for Matrix 19.xx0