v19 Music Playlist View
@DaveBlake  / @BlackEagle 
I've been updating my own skin mod of Estuary with all the current Matrix changes and believe I might have discovered by chance a wee snag when viewing music playlists.
When I select a music playlist directly from the music categories on the main music home screen, with option to also show weather at the top of the screen, there is an overlap of the weather icon with the first playlist item, as shown below:-

At first I thought this might be an issue with my own skin mod, but the same happens on the default Estuary skin, where the above screen capture was taken from. I know it's not a big thing, but just letting you guys know if you were not aware of this or want to test yourselves.

Oh, and another quick question if I may. If I'm playing a Live Tv channel, then click on a video file in my library (Movie, TV show episode, music video), playback will start immediately. However, if I do the same thing and try to start playing music when a Live TV channel is already playing, music playback won't start automatically. I first have to stop playback of the Live Tv channel, then click on the music I want to play. I can't swear to it, but I'm pretty sure this wasn't the case previously in Leia, so did something change? If it's always been like this, can things be changed to allow immediate playback of music, even if a TV channel is playing? (Hope this kind of makes reasonable enough sense?)
Cheers
(2021-06-11, 15:22)Dumyat Wrote: @DaveBlake  / @BlackEagle 
I've been updating my own skin mod of Estuary with all the current Matrix changes and believe I might have discovered by chance a wee snag when viewing music playlists.
When I select a music playlist directly from the music categories on the main music home screen, with option to also show weather at the top of the screen, there is an overlap of the weather icon with the first playlist item, as shown below:-

At first I thought this might be an issue with my own skin mod, but the same happens on the default Estuary skin, where the above screen capture was taken from. I know it's not a big thing, but just letting you guys know if you were not aware of this or want to test yourselves.
Not Dave or BlackEagle, but I know more about the skin side of things than them, in fact it was me that redid the Music Playlist views in Estuary. I think that's probably expected when Widelist view is used, you should see the exact same thing when browsing the nodes. This is already being looked at for v20.

(2021-06-11, 15:22)Dumyat Wrote: Oh, and another quick question if I may. If I'm playing a Live Tv channel, then click on a video file in my library (Movie, TV show episode, music video), playback will start immediately. However, if I do the same thing and try to start playing music when a Live TV channel is already playing, music playback won't start automatically. I first have to stop playback of the Live Tv channel, then click on the music I want to play. I can't swear to it, but I'm pretty sure this wasn't the case previously in Leia, so did something change? If it's always been like this, can things be changed to allow immediate playback of music, even if a TV channel is playing? (Hope this kind of makes reasonable enough sense?)
Cheers

This I can't reproduce on my test pc, if playing a live tv channel then selecting a track from music section and it starts immediately. What device/OS are you using?
@Dumyat Err, I'm not sure that Dave or I are the best people to look at the skin issue, skinning being somewhat of a 'black art' to both of us.  However, @jjd-uk  might be able to shed some light / fix it.

As regards playing music when already playing live TV, I guess it has something to do with queuing the music behind the currently playing video as the video player can play both audio & (video + audio).  Stopping the tv channel first will end the video player and switch to the audio only player (paplayer) most likely, but a debug log (wiki) should show what is happening.

BTW, I am still using xray-estuary, albeit modded a bit more for Matrix.  Many thanks for that Smile

Edit ~  Already beaten by that jjd-uk chap.  Must type faster it seems!
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2021-06-11, 16:53)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2021-06-11, 15:22)Dumyat Wrote:  
Not Dave or BlackEagle, but I know more about the skin side of things than them, in fact it was me that redid the Music Playlist views in Estuary. I think that's probably expected when Widelist view is used, you should see the exact same thing when browsing the nodes. This is already being looked at for v20.
(2021-06-11, 15:22)Dumyat Wrote:  
Ahh, that's great. I think probably what threw me was on my old skin mod which uses very ancient Estuary code and didn't actually show the weather icon for this view (probably because I removed or disabled it....so long ago, I can't even remember myself). 
I've now updated my mod to the latest Matrix code and completely up-to-date. However, I saw the breadcrumb format seems to have changed considerably and has a lot labels listed in the variables.xml.
I'd quite like to remove some of the breadcrumb labels at the the top of screen(s) for my own skin mod, so would really appreciate it you could perhaps give me some guidance on where to locate the appropriate labels in the latest version Estuary? I guess its best to ask directly Estuary thread, yeah?

As for the Live TV thing and my OS, I'm using the Enigma2/VU+ client and I'm running Kodi on Windows 10 in this instance. 
Like I said, both things are certainly not huge issues. I was perhaps more curious if they were actually bugs or not.
Cheers
(2021-06-11, 16:58)black_eagle Wrote: BTW, I am still using xray-estuary, albeit modded a bit more for Matrix.  Many thanks for that Smile
Blimey, that version must have been one my earliest modding efforts!  Wink
After much head scratching and frustration over the past 3 years, I think I'm finally in sight of the finish line. Now finally up and running on the GitHub and progress porting Matrix changes has been quite rapid.....Might even have something to release in the next month or so!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Playlist View0