Solved Kodi TV shows don't show up
Hi,

I am struggling to get my TV shows to working on Kodi. The problem I have:
I have a folder "TV" in the hard drive to store all TV shows. Under TV folder, there are several subfolders named by each TV show name, For TV shows with seasons, the episodes are named as "TVSHOWNAME S01E01.mkv" and so on.  For TV show without seasons, the name is TVSHOWNAME ep01.mkv and so on. I added folder TV to the Video source.
The problem is:
1. If I set content to "TV SHOWS", no subfolders/no episodes are listed when I go to Videos - Files - TV.
2. If I change the content to Movies, I am able to see each subfolder and all episodes filenames when I go inside the subfolder. 
3. I did "scan new content to library" when the content was set to TV SHOWS. it scrapped to the database without error. I am able to see the TV show coverart picture when I go to Home screen - TV SHOW.
4. I then clicked on one of TV show art(it shows 0/20, which means 20 episodes 0 watched), it opens TVSHOW with no episode inside.
5. So basically I am not able to watch any TVshow  episodes unless I set their contents to Movies and then go to Videos - Files to find the episodes manually and play them.

So my questions are:
1. why couldn't I see any files in Videos - Files - TV if the folder content is set to TV SHOWS? I've thought the folder/file names should be there without scrapping to the library.  
2. Why there are TV show poster showing on TV SHOWS in home screen, but nothing inside once you open one of the tv shows?

thanks
Your file structure should be:
TV SHOWS folder
Inside TV SHOWS folder should be multiple folders - each named to a specific TV show.
Inside a specific TV show folder should be another folder named Season 1.
Inside a Season 1 folder will be all the episodes.
Each episode needs to be correctly identified in order to be scraped - name of TV show S01E01, Name of TV show S01E02, etc.
All of this is true even for shows without multi seasons.
When adding the source for these TV shows, be sure to select TV shows (not Movies) and a corresponding scraper of your choice and let them scan in.
Select TV shows from the main menu and and you should be presented with all your shows and all your episodes providing you did things correctly.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2021-06-11, 21:10)newnews Wrote: TV show without seasons, the name is TVSHOWNAME ep01.mkv
Kodi doesn't need a seasons folder... but will use them if the they exist. The scraper is not finding TVSHOWNAME ep01.mkv and subsequent episodes name as such. The show epiosde names should be show-name - s01e01 -description.mkv or whatever extension and in this case is the likely trip up to your issue.

Video file mode, should see all playable videos. Screw-ups can happen when content of folders are deleted, duplicate elsewhere, improperly scraped, cache is faulty, corrupt library. Not all features of TV mode are available in file mode, such as season covers (if using 3rd party art grabbers).
Nothing wrong with the file/folder names, I found it has something to do with master lock. I have two profiles and master lock enabled. I delete the other profile and disabled master lock and rescan TV show. It is working fine and also I am able to see all TV show folders under Video--Files-TV.
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi TV shows don't show up0