Req Is there a way to include YouTube channels/playlists in the Home Screen folders?
I’m not too familiar with Kodi. But whenever I have used it in the past, I’ve had to open an addon to access its content. Which I get why. But I also know it is within the realm of possibility to cache and store locally.

So really I would like to know if it’s possible to store any content in the house screen TV MOVIES folders and play them from there?
But specifically I’m wondering if it’s possible to do so with YouTube content. However if there’s some way to do that with other addons then please do share
*Home Screen

Damn auto correct
There are methods to dl (download) YouTube content locally (outside of Kodi) - just go look in your favourite search engine...

Those files can then be played by Kodi in the normal fashion, like any other content (although of course you can't scrape them, as they aren't proper movies or tv shows. unless of course they are but those shouldn't be on YT anyway).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-06-12, 13:41)DarrenHill Wrote: There are methods to dl (download) YouTube content locally (outside of Kodi) - just go look in your favourite search engine...

Those files can then be played by Kodi in the normal fashion, like any other content (although of course you can't scrape them, as they aren't proper movies or tv shows. unless of course they are but those shouldn't be on YT anyway).
Actually copyright owners do release series on YouTube for public viewing?
(2021-06-13, 01:41)SQLError Wrote: Actually copyright owners do release series on YouTube for public viewing?
There are entire sections on YouTube of movies that are in the public domain, but looking at the o/p message, it's more to do with integration of streaming add-ons into the Kodi library set-up. As noted the work-round atm is to download the title and this thread might be better served in the feature requests area.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_dom...by_country
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fi...ted_States
(2021-06-13, 01:41)SQLError Wrote: Actually copyright owners do release series on YouTube for public viewing?

Sometimes, but it's the exception rather than the rule for most of such stuff there...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-06-13, 11:57)DarrenHill Wrote:

Sometimes, but it's the exception rather than the rule for most of such stuff there...

Not really…
Anyway, you’re of no help. Bye!
You have a solution outside Kodi, at least if you can take the hint.

Otherwise the answer to your question is no.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-06-12, 11:07)SQLError Wrote: I’m not too familiar with Kodi. But whenever I have used it in the past, I’ve had to open an addon to access its content. Which I get why. But I also know it is within the realm of possibility to cache and store locally.

So really I would like to know if it’s possible to store any content in the house screen TV MOVIES folders and play them from there?
But specifically I’m wondering if it’s possible to do so with YouTube content. However if there’s some way to do that with other addons then please do share

i am not sure if this will help but i was using the embuary skin in kodi which allows you to customize kodi quite a bit and i was able to create a shortcut to my "watch list" on the home screen and could do that for other nodes within the YouTube addon.

that said, maybe just installing the node editor and trying to create a shortcut to whiciever section of youtube you want to view can be accomplished?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a way to include YouTube channels/playlists in the Home Screen folders?0