• 30(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.11.x - Download & Discussion Thread
(2023-03-31, 10:23)DanCooper Wrote:
(2023-03-30, 19:41)Boulder Wrote:
(2023-03-27, 09:40)DanCooper Wrote: I've to check that. If I remember correctly only older tv show entries on TVDb provides DVD order thru the old API. But if you say that the "change episode" list is correct than at least this tv show still provides a DVD order. Usually what I do is to remove all episode and the tv show NFO, remove the tv show from Ember, do a database update, then edit the tv show manually and set the order to DVD, close the edit dialog and rescrape the tv show.
Still the same problem Sad
Please tell me the tv show you try to scrape and I will test it on the weekend.
It's Freaks and Geeks, tvdb id 76321. The fourth episode is the one where the order between different methods starts to show.
(2023-03-11, 18:58)icesurf3r Wrote: Yes. and followed the installation instructions.

It then just tries to scrape the Movie from TVDB and returns an unhandled exeption error.
I get this as well and have applied the imdb fix.  I can cancel the error though and have to manually enter to the imdb ref to find the correct title
Confusion is just a state of mind.
(2023-03-31, 10:57)Boulder Wrote:
(2023-03-31, 10:23)DanCooper Wrote:
(2023-03-30, 19:41)Boulder Wrote: Still the same problem Sad
Please tell me the tv show you try to scrape and I will test it on the weekend.
It's Freaks and Geeks, tvdb id 76321. The fourth episode is the one where the order between different methods starts to show.
Works in my tests. German tv show and episode titles, but DVD order as result (sorry for the very wide screenshot):

The episodes has been named as S01E04 and S01E17, the tv show and episode NFO was missing. II've updated the Ember DB, opened the "Edit TV Show" dialog, changed the episode sorting to "DVD", accepted the edit dialog wiith "OK" and scraped the tv show via context menu. TVDB was the only data scraper that was enabled.
(2023-03-31, 21:52)DanCooper Wrote:
(2023-03-31, 10:57)Boulder Wrote:
(2023-03-31, 10:23)DanCooper Wrote: Please tell me the tv show you try to scrape and I will test it on the weekend.
Works in my tests. German tv show and episode titles, but DVD order as result (sorry for the very wide screenshot):

The episodes has been named as S01E04 and S01E17, the tv show and episode NFO was missing. II've updated the Ember DB, opened the "Edit TV Show" dialog, changed the episode sorting to "DVD", accepted the edit dialog wiith "OK" and scraped the tv show via context menu. TVDB was the only data scraper that was enabled.

Got it working now. It only works if I set the ordering to DVD before scraping the show. That is, update database, edit show, change ordering, scrape. After scraping, changing the ordering and rescraping won't fix the order in the TV series list or in Kodi database.
(2023-04-01, 14:25)Boulder Wrote: After scraping, changing the ordering and rescraping won't fix the order in the TV series list or in Kodi database.
Yes, because the episodes already have a unique ID (TVDB, TMDb or IMDb) set and won't be changed. Maybe i should reset the episode information in this case, but actually i don't know a way with the triggers. I think I've to add a new one over a dialog box if the user changes the episode order.
(2023-04-01, 14:40)DanCooper Wrote:
(2023-04-01, 14:25)Boulder Wrote: After scraping, changing the ordering and rescraping won't fix the order in the TV series list or in Kodi database.
Yes, because the episodes already have a unique ID (TVDB, TMDb or IMDb) set and won't be changed. Maybe i should reset the episode information in this case, but actually i don't know a way with the triggers. I think I've to add a new one over a dialog box if the user changes the episode order.
OK, now I get it. I was thinking that rescraping would also rewrite all the information so you wouldn't need to start from scratch. This was one case where I noticed the different ordering while watching the show so it was in the database a long time ago already.
Dan, 

I hope this message finds you well. I know/read that you have been busy working on the update for this software, time permitting, and I wanted to check in to see how the progress is going.

Since my last post in January, we ended on you sometime in the next few weeks to release an updated installer with the patch added.  I would appreciate any updates on the status of the that new installer.  Also, if possible an update on how close version 1.9? 2.0? is to being released.  I am sure the community here is also eager to see the new features and improvements that you have been working on as well.  I understand that software development can be challenging and time-consuming, and IRL always seems to creep in at the best and most opportune time.  So any update/info you can provide us with would be great.  EMM is my only scraper software I use, and the database/coloring/marking options I use the most with keeping my collection neat and tidy.

Thank you for your time, hard work and dedication to this project. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Mychale
(2023-03-31, 13:04)FlashPan Wrote:
(2023-03-11, 18:58)icesurf3r Wrote: Yes. and followed the installation instructions.

It then just tries to scrape the Movie from TVDB and returns an unhandled exeption error.
I get this as well and have applied the imdb fix.  I can cancel the error though and have to manually enter to the imdb ref to find the correct title
Did you manage to overcome this somehow? I am in the same boat and I have no clue how to proceed. Scraping movies still works by entering the correspinding imdb ID but it is geting a bit laborious
(2023-03-28, 21:09)WarpLover Wrote: Been loving Ember long time!
Thanks once again.
My biggest wish, since EMM works so well with movies and TV is to be able to create a MUSIC VIDEO nfo from a form within Ember.
As is, I create my MV nfos in Ember by calling them movies to begin with. I scan the metadata, use the frame capture to get appropriate images for a poster and fanart for the MV, and then make many changes in an editor outside of Ember, including the header type defining it as a MV instead of a movie, and lots of other changes, just to make a music video nfo.
I'm just asking for a skeleton to relieve some of the tedious work. Any plans along these lines?
Great work - for decades!

Hi @WarpLover, That is one of the methods I too use to make my MV nfos. I do have a couple hints to help with the editing process. Send me a PM and we discuss it further.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson
Using: Windows 10 Pro | Kodi 20.5 + Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.1.2 | Kodi 20.5 + Aeon MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.6.5 | Kodi 21.0 + Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.1 | Kodi 21.0  + Aeon MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.1.9

Nope, I just applied the fix, when I scrape if the error comes up I just click on continue then manually apply the imdb ref in teh bottom of the main scrapper window.
Confusion is just a state of mind.
(2023-04-08, 10:08)FlashPan Wrote: Nope, I just applied the fix, when I scrape if the error comes up I just click on continue then manually apply the imdb ref in teh bottom of the main scrapper window.
This is exacly the same I do as well. I wonder why so few people have reported this problem in scraping...
I've been using this tool for a long time now, but recently I've been experiencing problems.
I have applied the IMDB batch, and that made it worse.  Before the patch I was going to IMDB getting he tt# and then pasting into the manual lookup, which worked for many items.  Since I applied the patch, nothing works anymore. I did enable IMDB on the Movie and TV pages of the Settings. If I tell EMM to re-scrape a movie, it says reading from TVDB, then it comes up with an exception error:

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at ScraperModule.Scraper.SearchMovie(String title, String year)
   at ScraperModule.Scraper.bwIMDB_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

What is troubling is if you EMM to Continue it says searching TVDB, Huh, TVDB is not even enabled on the Movie settings, and I even went in a disabled TVDB on all pages, it it still says searching TVDB. If you Quit, the program does not quit, you have to open task manager and kill the processes.

I even tried a complete reinstall and I get the same behavior.  What am I doing wrong?
Restored my backup of scraper.data.imdb and I'm back to being able to manually enter the IMDB tt# with some exceptions.  Sometimes EMM will say that the IMDB entry does not exist even though I have the IMDB entry open in a browser. Sad
I should also mention this fails in exactly the same way with an entirely different profile, made from a whole other set of movie files.  It's on a Windows 10 x64 machine.
Is the Tag Manager working?  I tried bringing it up an it threw this error in the log:

https://paste.kodi.tv/yubiluxaha.kodi

Code:
2023-05-03 17:14:22.7810,Ember_Media_Manager.My.MyApplication,Ember_Media_Manager.My.MyApplication.MyApplication_UnhandledException,1,ERROR,generic.EmberCore.TagManager,"EXCEPTION OCCURRED:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at generic.EmberCore.TagManager.dlgTagManager.RefreshModule()
   at generic.EmberCore.TagManager.dlgTagManager.SetUp()
   at generic.EmberCore.TagManager.Tag_Generic.MyMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)*   at generic.EmberCore.TagManager.dlgTagManager.RefreshModule()
   at generic.EmberCore.TagManager.dlgTagManager.SetUp()
   at generic.EmberCore.TagManager.Tag_Generic.MyMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)"
2023-05-03 17:14:28.2850,Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain,System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnFormClosed,1,INFO,====Ember Media Manager exiting====,

This was on a new profile, with a number of movies imported into it.  I can use other aspects of EMM just fine.  I was hoping to do some bulk tag editing.
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.11.x - Download & Discussion Thread0