• 8(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.11.x - Download & Discussion Thread
(2021-07-23, 12:24)Hairy Hippy Wrote: However, I am now getting the following error when scraping a TV show:
"Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
Which TV show?
(2021-07-23, 18:01)DanCooper Wrote:
(2021-07-23, 12:24)Hairy Hippy Wrote: However, I am now getting the following error when scraping a TV show:
"Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
Which TV show?
"Imagine..." (https://www.thetvdb.com/series/imagine)
Only updated from 1.5.0 days ago - much clearer interface!
Noted a major bug, will try to describe.

Under a folder named
+Beethoven - Symphonies - Berliner; Abbado

there were 9 subfolders like
Beethoven=Symphony n.1 ~Berliner Philharmoniker; Abbado
Beethoven=Symphony n.2 ~Berliner Philharmoniker; Abbado
Beethoven=Symphony n.3 ~Berliner Philharmoniker; Abbado

...etc
Each of the subfolders contained a .mkv and a .nfo created using EMM.
Could not find where to edit Year among the seven Edit Field tabs (where is it?), so added manually
  <year>2001</year>
to each of the .nfo files.
Selected all subfolders and hit Scan folders for new content... on the context menu
In order to make the new Year value show up on each subfolder name, hit Rename > Auto.
- Folder rename pattern: $T$?: ?=? ($Y)
- File rename pattern: $1
Result was very strange:
1) Subfolders were renamed correctly;
2) Within each subfolder, instead of becoming B.mkv and B.nfo, the filename part of both files had been removed - became simply .mkv and .nfo (just the extensions).
1) Nine .nfo files were created under the main folder (same level as the subfolders); these files contained the added <year>2001</year> line and are probably a copy of each of the original manually edited .nfo files.

This is happening repeatedly - it's not a one of a time problem; probably there's something wrong with renaming.

Lastly, noted a line containing <ratings /> within each of the original .nfo created with EMM - is that proper xml syntax?
Additional info on #108

Freshly scrapped a new movie (no manual editing of .nfo) and hit Rename > Auto.
The original files (mp4 and srt) and the freshly created ones (-poster.jpg and nfo) became nameless, with their extensions only, except poster, which lost the first letter:
-poster.jpg; .nfo; .mp4; .srt
According to the file rename pattern, should be G-poster.jpg; G.nfo; G.mp4; G.srt because Title begins with capital G.
Perhaps the bug is related to $1 file rename pattern.
(2021-07-28, 00:05)pstrg Wrote: Additional info on #108

Freshly scrapped a new movie (no manual editing of .nfo) and hit Rename > Auto.
The original files (mp4 and srt) and the freshly created ones (-poster.jpg and nfo) became nameless, with their extensions only, except poster, which lost the first letter:
-poster.jpg; .nfo; .mp4; .srt
According to the file rename pattern, should be G-poster.jpg; G.nfo; G.mp4; G.srt because Title begins with capital G.
Perhaps the bug is related to $1 file rename pattern.
Just confirmed that $1 pattern is buggy: changed mine to $1$Y and result was that files got the Year value only; 1st letter, instead of appearing, was suppressed.
(2021-07-28, 00:13)pstrg Wrote: Just conformed that $1 pattern is buggy: change it to $1$Y and result was that files got the Year value only - 1st letter was suppressed.
Thank you for this information. I've to change some parts of the renamer to get better results.
Is it possible to scrape the alternative episode ordering from TheTVDB? There's not many shows out there that have it, but it would be nice to grab.
(2021-07-28, 02:00)bumblebebear Wrote: Is it possible to scrape the alternative episode ordering from TheTVDB? There's not many shows out there that have it, but it would be nice to grab.
Ember still uses the old TVDb API that only provides standard (by aired date), DVD and absolute ordering. But I also think DVD and absolute is broken since the new API 4 has started.
Actually I don't started to implement the new API 4 because I haven't a (now needed) subscription and I also don't know if enought users wan't to use it (exept @czjohny  based on his recent error message Big Grin ).
(2021-07-28, 01:10)DanCooper Wrote:
(2021-07-28, 00:13)pstrg Wrote: Just conformed that $1 pattern is buggy: change it to $1$Y and result was that files got the Year value only - 1st letter was suppressed.
Thank you for this information. I've to change some parts of the renamer to get better results.
I've checked my disks for nameless nfo and video files in order to fix them manually.
Just to confirm that in all occurrences (there were not too many, it's a 1.11 issue) a foldername.nfo (according to pattern, please refer to initial post) and a foldername-poster.jpg had been created on the upper folder.
Within the movie folder itself, all files had no name (except for image, which was -poster.jpg).
Renamer is broken
Season $K2_? generates the Season 01 folder as expected (DEFAULT)

Season $K1_? generates the Season 01 folder NOT EXPECTED.

Season $K0_? generates the Season 01 folder NOT EXPECTED.

on version 1.9 
Season $K1_? generates the Season 1 folder as expected.

Thanks much
File path length too long for Ember to detect movie. (283 characters) 
This is happening in 1.9.x, but don't know if that is either fixed in 1.11, or if its by design?  If its by design that's fine, I'll manually truncate them.
Thank you.
Noticed now whenever clicking "TV Shows" tab, Ember terminates with the following error in log:

2021-08-06 10:22:19.0030;Ember_Media_Manager.My.MyApplication;Ember_Media_Manager.My.MyApplication.MyApplication_UnhandledException;1;ERROR;Microsoft.VisualBasic;"EXCEPTION OCCURRED:System.InvalidCastException: Det går inte att konvertera typen DBNull till typen Integer.
   vid Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(Object Value)
   vid EmberAPI.Database.Get_RatingsForItem(Int64 idMedia, ContentType contentType)
   vid EmberAPI.Database.Load_TVShow(Int64 ShowID, Boolean withSeasons, Boolean withEpisodes, Boolean withMissingEpisodes)
   vid Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain.LoadInfo_TVShow(Int64 ID)
   vid Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain.DataGridView_SelectRow_TVShow(Int32 iRow)
   vid Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain.tmrLoad_TVShow_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   vid System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   vid System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   vid System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)*   vid Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(Object Value)
   vid EmberAPI.Database.Get_RatingsForItem(Int64 idMedia, ContentType contentType)
   vid EmberAPI.Database.Load_TVShow(Int64 ShowID, Boolean withSeasons, Boolean withEpisodes, Boolean withMissingEpisodes)
   vid System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)"
2021-08-06 10:24:31.7335;Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain;System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnFormClosed;1;INFO;====Ember Media Manager exiting====;
(2021-08-06, 10:47)spitz66 Wrote: Noticed now whenever clicking "TV Shows" tab, Ember terminates with the following error in log:

2021-08-06 10:22:19.0030;Ember_Media_Manager.My.MyApplication;Ember_Media_Manager.My.MyApplication.MyApplication_UnhandledException;1;ERROR;Microsoft.VisualBasic;"EXCEPTION OCCURRED:System.InvalidCastException: Det går inte att konvertera typen DBNull till typen Integer.
   vid Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(Object Value)
   vid System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)*   vid Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(Object Value)
   vid System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)"
2021-08-06 10:24:31.7335;Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain;System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnFormClosed;1;INFO;====Ember Media Manager exiting====;
Actually solved it by deleting Tv Series source, update and add it back again.
In version 1.10.x the renaming happened before the scraping. Now it happens afterwards. That's causing me to have to scrape twice since I rename by adding the year of the show. Is there any way to change the order?
Cannot Recurvisely Scan Folder With Numerous TV Shows.

So this is something I have not done in a long time.  I'd like to add a folder (TV Shows) that contains many other folders of individual TV shows eg:
F:\Data\TV Shows\Red Dwarf
F:\Data\TV Shows\Black Books
F:\Data\TV Shows\Blue Planet

When I add in the source path F:\Data\TV Shows I get a green tick for the Source Name but the OK button is inactive and non clickable, the 2 tick boxes in Source Options are unticked.

I know I have done this some years ago to mass add some shows and I cannot see any setting that may be stopping me from doing this.

Anyone any ideas?

Cheers
Confusion is just a state of mind.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.11.x - Download & Discussion Thread0