• 17(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.11.x - Download & Discussion Thread
(2022-01-25, 03:54)hslansky Wrote: Thanks, one last question:  Is there a way to migrate all of the images in the single directory(Pre Matrix) to the new format without re-scraping all of my moviesets?

1. Enable the new file names settings (and folder) and leave the old also enabled.
  2. Use Tools => Rewrite all Movieset Content to write the files with the new and old file name again
  3. Disable the old file name settings
  4. Remove the old files manually via Explorer
  5. Use Tools => Reload all Movieset Content to get the new image paths to the DB
I'm not sure if this is related to this newer version (I'm coming from 1.4  Sleepy ) but I noticed that a lot of my movies get red titles in my database since I upgraded to this version. Can anyone explain what triggers a black movie title and what makes the title red?
With regards to the new artwork type of "keyart".  I use fanart.tv exclusively to pull my artwork. Fanart.tv does not support an image type of keyart yet EMM still populated that artwork for some of my moviesets.  How is this possible?  What criteria are you using to assume an image is a keyart?  In addition, do you plan to make a column on the movie and movieset pages so that you can see is this image type has been downloaded for a movie/movieset?
(2022-01-26, 17:38)hslansky Wrote: Fanart.tv does not support an image type of keyart yet
If you go to the fanart website and set your language to none it'll give you keyart

Maybe that's where you are getting the images from
(2022-01-26, 18:53)komplex Wrote: Maybe that's where you are getting the images from
Exactly!
(2022-01-26, 17:38)hslansky Wrote: How is this possible?
Pure magic !
(2022-01-26, 17:38)hslansky Wrote: In addition, do you plan to make a column on the movie and movieset pages so that you can see is this image type has been downloaded for a movie/movieset?
You have to reset the media list sorting to get newly added columns under Settings => Moviesets => General => Media List Sorting.
(2022-01-26, 14:54)HaZee Wrote: I'm not sure if this is related to this newer version (I'm coming from 1.4  Sleepy ) but I noticed that a lot of my movies get red titles in my database since I upgraded to this version. Can anyone explain what triggers a black movie title and what makes the title red?
Red means "marked". Maybe you've enabled Settings => Movies => General => Misc => Mark new Movies. That "marking" is permanent until you remove the marking via context menu or with the button "Mark none" (or something similar) on top of the media list.
Is there a way to export to Ant Movie Catalog format (database) for offline viewing purpose.
Thanks!

That specific setting is off, but I did unmark all movies, so I'll have to check how new movies will show up in the list  Cool
Hello,
I have a Sources defined with UNC paths like "\\192.168.1.1\shows\". I can update the sources and scrape both movies and tv shows successfully. I can also auto-rename Movies using default Rename module settings, but when auto-renaming the TV Shows, the destination folder name is extended with the UNC path, e.g. from "\\192.168.1.1\shows\old show title" I end up with "\\192.168.1.1\shows\192.168.1.1\shows\new show".

For movies I have "Scan Recursively" and "Movies are in separate folders" checked, for TV shows I don't have "Selected folder contains a single TV Show" checked. Is it expected behavior or do I need to change some configuration option?

Thanks,
Goofy
i doubt this is a ember issue but trak.tv used to mark movies as "collected" on the website when scraping with ember when it added the movie to the kodi library but this stopped working. would it be possible to have ember mark movies as "collected" on trak.tv?
is tvdb working or will need our own api?

or what is the recommended alternative?
(2022-02-13, 00:35)madmax2 Wrote: is tvdb working or will need our own api?
You will need your own subscription pin.

(2022-02-13, 00:35)madmax2 Wrote: or what is the recommended alternative?
Pay these $ 12 per year if you like the data from TVDb or use TMDb instead.
(2022-02-13, 12:23)DanCooper Wrote:
(2022-02-13, 00:35)madmax2 Wrote: is tvdb working or will need our own api?
You will need your own subscription pin.

(2022-02-13, 00:35)madmax2 Wrote: or what is the recommended alternative?
Pay these $ 12 per year if you like the data from TVDb or use TMDb instead.

that strange.
I just tried with the embedded api and it seems to be working
and scraped the tv show.

Is there any difference in data scraped between embedded api and the paid one?

Is IMDB not as good as TVDB and TMDB for TV and movies?
(2022-02-13, 14:55)madmax2 Wrote: I just tried with the embedded api and it seems to be working
and scraped the tv show.
Because Ember still uses the old v2 API, but this version will be disabled if they are done with the v4 API (expected in the next few months).

(2022-02-13, 14:55)madmax2 Wrote: Is there any difference in data scraped between embedded api and the paid one?
When the old v2 API has been disabled the current scraper does no longer work and you have to use a private PIN (subscription) because I don't have (and won't) the money to pay for a negotiated contract. So the scraper will only work if you set a pin.

(2022-02-13, 14:55)madmax2 Wrote: Is IMDB not as good as TVDB and TMDB for TV and movies?
IMDb ist slow as hell because they don't have a free API and I have to parse the website to get the information. Also I have to change the code every time they change something on the website. So no, IMDb isn't a real alternative for TVDb.
TMDb is not as good as TVDb, but maybe that will change after TVDb has been fully moved to the subscription model.
Hi,
when I scrap a tv show w/o an imdb id registered in tvdb, emm ask for one, then I click cancel since I know the show doesn't exists in imdb yet.
in this case, all the scrap process is cancelled, not just the imdb part. the only alternative I've found is to disable imdb in settings.
any idea about that ?
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.11.x - Download & Discussion Thread0