• 29(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.11.x - Download & Discussion Thread
is this working with kodi 20? i just installed it its no longer synching kodi.
(2023-03-23, 02:16)dr-oopie Wrote: is this working with kodi 20? i just installed it its no longer synching kodi.

Works for me at least.
not sure why its not working for me on kodi 20 https://paste.kodi.tv/ewunivusuf.kodi
If I look in your log the scanning process starts on Kodi. So the overal connection works. Check the Kodi log (maybe you have to enable debug log) to see if Kodi logs something.
(2023-03-23, 23:35)DanCooper Wrote: If I look in your log the scanning process starts on Kodi. So the overal connection works. Check the Kodi log (maybe you have to enable debug log) to see if Kodi logs something.

i hear traktv trigger when i click sync to kodi from ember. here is the log. https://paste.kodi.tv/urorakuqat.kodi
@dr-oopie You have to enable the folliwing loggin settings in Kodi to log the JSON-RPC requests from Ember (under System Settings => Logging):
  • Enable debug logging
  • Enable component-specific logging: SMB, JSON-RPC and Database
Then you have to run the request in Ember and share the Kodi log again.
(2023-03-19, 09:53)Boulder Wrote: I have a TV series, Freaks and Geeks, in my library with incorrect episode order. I tried changing it to the correct one (DVD order), but the episode names etc. won't change even after a rescrape of the show or season. I also tried removing the series from the database, updating the library and rescraping, but still it shows the original order. The only place where I can see the correct order is if I go to a single episode and select Change Episode. The list is already in the correct order there.

Dan, do you have any tips regarding this? Should I rename the folder and clean both Kodi and EMM video library and then rename and rescrape with DVD ordering?
(2023-03-25, 12:56)Boulder Wrote:
(2023-03-19, 09:53)Boulder Wrote: I have a TV series, Freaks and Geeks, in my library with incorrect episode order. I tried changing it to the correct one (DVD order), but the episode names etc. won't change even after a rescrape of the show or season. I also tried removing the series from the database, updating the library and rescraping, but still it shows the original order. The only place where I can see the correct order is if I go to a single episode and select Change Episode. The list is already in the correct order there.

Dan, do you have any tips regarding this? Should I rename the folder and clean both Kodi and EMM video library and then rename and rescrape with DVD ordering?
I've to check that. If I remember correctly only older tv show entries on TVDb provides DVD order thru the old API. But if you say that the "change episode" list is correct than at least this tv show still provides a DVD order. Usually what I do is to remove all episode and the tv show NFO, remove the tv show from Ember, do a database update, then edit the tv show manually and set the order to DVD, close the edit dialog and rescrape the tv show.
(2023-03-25, 12:43)DanCooper Wrote: @dr-oopie You have to enable the folliwing loggin settings in Kodi to log the JSON-RPC requests from Ember (under System Settings => Logging):
  • Enable debug logging

https://paste.kodi.tv/jebezowila.kodi the movie is The.Last.Starfighter that i tried to sync. also, for some reason, my mac address changed for the wired connection after updating to kodi 20. i was hoping that was the issue. i updated the last digit but still same thing.
(2023-03-27, 23:28)dr-oopie Wrote:
(2023-03-25, 12:43)DanCooper Wrote: @dr-oopie You have to enable the folliwing loggin settings in Kodi to log the JSON-RPC requests from Ember (under System Settings => Logging):
  • Enable debug logging

https://paste.kodi.tv/jebezowila.kodi the movie is The.Last.Starfighter that i tried to sync. also, for some reason, my mac address changed for the wired connection after updating to kodi 20. i was hoping that was the issue. i updated the last digit but still same thing.
Can't see anything why Kodi doesn't find the video (scan will be triggered) but also not that Kodi find a new video in "nfs://server/mnt/user/data/media/Movies/The.Last.Starfighter.1984/". Could it be that KOdi disabled the scraper that you've set for this source? Even if you scan with already existing NFOs you have to set a scraper... at least (and preferred) the "Information only" scraper.
Been loving Ember long time!
Thanks once again.
My biggest wish, since EMM works so well with movies and TV is to be able to create a MUSIC VIDEO nfo from a form within Ember.
As is, I create my MV nfos in Ember by calling them movies to begin with. I scan the metadata, use the frame capture to get appropriate images for a poster and fanart for the MV, and then make many changes in an editor outside of Ember, including the header type defining it as a MV instead of a movie, and lots of other changes, just to make a music video nfo.
I'm just asking for a skeleton to relieve some of the tedious work. Any plans along these lines?
Great work - for decades!
(2023-03-28, 21:09)WarpLover Wrote: Any plans along these lines?
Not yet and for shure not in the next release. I think with the next release it should all be ready to work on the last bugs. I've rewritten and reorganised a lot of things in the code and some parts will have new bugs. If all bugs (or most) have been fixed I will have time to think about MV and other stuff like ROMs.
(2023-03-28, 20:49)DanCooper Wrote:
(2023-03-27, 23:28)dr-oopie Wrote:
  • Enable debug logging

Can't see anything why Kodi doesn't find the video (scan will be triggered) but also not that Kodi find a new video in "nfs://server/mnt/user/data/media/Movies/The.Last.Starfighter.1984/". Could it be that KOdi disabled the scraper that you've set for this source? Even if you scan with already existing NFOs you have to set a scraper... at least (and preferred) the "Information only" scraper.
once again u r correct as always. for some reason the movies didnt have a content type. set it back to movies and works again! you are the only reason im still using kodi. my nas is setup with all the goodies for full automation with scores using the -arr apps and plex since 2019 when i built this latest system. i dont even remember how long i have been a plex pass user
(2023-03-27, 09:40)DanCooper Wrote:
(2023-03-25, 12:56)Boulder Wrote:

I've to check that. If I remember correctly only older tv show entries on TVDb provides DVD order thru the old API. But if you say that the "change episode" list is correct than at least this tv show still provides a DVD order. Usually what I do is to remove all episode and the tv show NFO, remove the tv show from Ember, do a database update, then edit the tv show manually and set the order to DVD, close the edit dialog and rescrape the tv show.
Still the same problem Sad
(2023-03-30, 19:41)Boulder Wrote:
(2023-03-27, 09:40)DanCooper Wrote:
(2023-03-25, 12:56)Boulder Wrote: Dan, do you have any tips regarding this? Should I rename the folder and clean both Kodi and EMM video library and then rename and rescrape with DVD ordering?
Still the same problem Sad
Please tell me the tv show you try to scrape and I will test it on the weekend.
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.11.x - Download & Discussion Thread0