2 channel setup, downmixing to 2 channel
I've tried searching for information on this, any help appreciated

Setup: HTPC Windows 7 sp1
Kodi 18.9
Amp: Cambridge Audio AXR100 (2 channel amp only pcm)
Hooked up spdif optical from pc to amp
Using Wasapi SPDIF codec optical

I am looking for the best sound possible when it comes to dvd or bluerays that ONLY have 6 channel audio options.

- So passthrough should never be enabled in a 2.0 configuration?
- optimized, fixed or best effort...i've read the kodi wiki on this and am still confused. 
- From what I understand, Kodi is not able to default all of my concert media to 2 channel automatically correct? The volume per concert is automatically adjusted to a negative number even when I set apply to all media too.....Would rather it be at zero
- Also noticed output configuration has gone missing. Unless kodi knows I have 2.0 only?

Fantastic video and sound though in general, extremely impressed with kodi. Just trying to understand my setup. When I search for 2.0 setups, most of the results are converting 2.0 to 5.1 or higher or does not relate to my problem. I enjoy stereo ONLY when it comes to music. Anyhelp to get my DVD/Bluray concerts properly setup for 2.0 only would be appreciated
This has always been confusing for me as well, but here's what works for me:

1. My setup: NUC8i5 HTPC with LibreELEC and Windows Kodi (all v19.x, Windows using WASAPI) ->HDMI -> Samsung TV -> TOSLINK (S.PDIF Optical) from TV -> 2 channel amp with optical input.
2. Number of Channels: 2.0
3. Output Config: I used to use "Best Match", but recent releases have given me GUI sound problems with that on LE so now I use "Fixed", but I cannot detect any sound quality differences between the two.
                        - My movie and TV DTS-HD MA & TrueHD Blu Rays, AC3 & E-AC3 files all sound great.
                        - My Dolby 5.1 & 7.1 test tracks playback with all tracks appearing where expected  (left or right) as the files cycle thru the front L/R, center, rear L/R, and Atmos)
                        - Only thing missing is the .1 or LFE subwoofer tracks, and from research it seems dropping the .1 track is industry standard expected behavior when downmixing to 2.0 :-(
                        - My concert Blu Rays have mostly DTS-HD MA audio and Kodi seems to do good job downmixing everything to 2.0 as far as I can tell.
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2 channel setup, downmixing to 2 channel0