keyboard popup on search
hi i using kodi ver 18.9
and using kodi official remote ver 1.7.1 (for ios)
when i doing search the keyboard on the app not pop up , what can i do ?

(i using the same app for several computers with same ver of kodi , and there is no problem)
thanks
u3
(2021-06-17, 00:56)user3 Wrote: hi i using kodi ver 18.9

(i using the same app for several computers with same ver of kodi , and there is no problem)
thanks
u3
Hi,

thanks for your feedback. Please also look at this forum post in the Apple Developer Forum. You may change some of the iPhone/iPad settings around "Accessibility" or -- if you had a Bluetooth keyboard connected -- disable Bluetooth and test again.

If this does not help, can you share a few more details which allows me to look into this?

- On which iOS device does this happen? iPhone or iPad?
- Which iOS version is installed?
- In which menu exactly do you try to use the search? (Ideally you can make a screenshot of the menu you try to use search from)
- You try to search from wall/grid view (the view with the big covers) or from the list view (small covers on the left)?
- You state you "use the same app for several computers with same ver of kodi". You mean you use the same iOS device with the same App version 1.7.1 and this allows to search when connecting to other computers which also run Kodi 18.9?
(2021-06-17, 06:35)Buschel Wrote:
(2021-06-17, 00:56)user3 Wrote: hi i using kodi ver 18.9

thanks
u3
Hi,

thanks for your feedback. Please also look at this forum post in the Apple Developer Forum. You may change some of the iPhone/iPad settings around "Accessibility" or -- if you had a Bluetooth keyboard connected -- disable Bluetooth and test again.

If this does not help, can you share a few more details which allows me to look into this?

- On which iOS device does this happen? iPhone or iPad?
- Which iOS version is installed?
- In which menu exactly do you try to use the search? (Ideally you can make a screenshot of the menu you try to use search from)
- You try to search from wall/grid view (the view with the big covers) or from the list view (small covers on the left)?
- You state you "use the same app for several computers with same ver of kodi". You mean you use the same iOS device with the same App version 1.7.1 and this allows to search when connecting to other computers which also run Kodi 18.9?

thanks for the reply 
i will start at the end ,YES  I mean I use the same iOS device with the same App version 1.7.1 and this allows me to search when connecting to other computers which also run Kodi 18.9 BUT different skin
i search the web and this forum for solution but didnt find any
i using ios 13.6.1 iphone 6s

when i try to load subtitle usually when i go to search , the keyboard popup
also when i try to search movie/series in search category in any of the video addons
(2021-06-20, 02:39)user3 Wrote: i will start at the end ,YES  I mean I use the same iOS device with the same App version 1.7.1 and this allows me to search when connecting to other computers which also run Kodi 18.9 BUT different skin
i search the web and this forum for solution but didnt find any
i using ios 13.6.1 iphone 6s

when i try to load subtitle usually when i go to search , the keyboard popup
also when i try to search movie/series in search category in any of the video addons
Thanks for sharing more details. But I am not 100% sure I understand your use case. I also checked the App on current and older iOS on iPhone 6s and did not find any situation where the keyboard did not come up.
  • Where are you expecting the keyboard to show up: on your iPhone (in the Remote App) or on your Kodi setup? I am asking as I (for now) cannot image a Kodi skin would influence the Remote App.
  • Are you loading subtitle also via addons? I am asking as I only know the "subtitle" button on the Remote App´s "Remote Screen". And this one shows a list only, no search is possible.
  • Which video addon you use? 
if possible, please record video displaying the issue
well i just hoped there is a checkbox or enable button to activate the keyboard pop up
as i said before its working the same mobile phone on 2 diffrent computers , at one computer that run win10 kodi 18.9 the same app not pop the keyboard when searching or where ever there is input text 
if you have any idea i would love to try
thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
keyboard popup on search0