• 11(current)
Release Paramount+
(2024-04-10, 16:41)Tim.C Wrote: Not quite that.  A soft reset and reload of the SlyGuy addons gets it working again, but two weeks or so later it stops.

A reload of Kodi is a little risky as the device would stop being the commercial PVR product I purchased.

As I have said in my earlier posts, the issue seems to be one of the downstream Addons like WildVine, as it affects non SlyGuy addons as well.
I just don't know where to start. I have reinstalled WildVine to no effect. I don't know what else would be common to the other streaming addons I use.

Is there another thread where I should be pursuing this.  I seem to have offended Mike for some reason.
have you tried installing the Video Test Streams add on in slyguy repo and trying to play a widevine video??
(2024-04-10, 17:14)markeymark Wrote:
(2024-04-10, 16:41)Tim.C Wrote: Not quite that.  A soft reset and reload of the SlyGuy addons gets it working again, but two weeks or so later it stops.

A reload of Kodi is a little risky as the device would stop being the commercial PVR product I purchased.

As I have said in my earlier posts, the issue seems to be one of the downstream Addons like WildVine, as it affects non SlyGuy addons as well.
I just don't know where to start. I have reinstalled WildVine to no effect. I don't know what else would be common to the other streaming addons I use.

Is there another thread where I should be pursuing this.  I seem to have offended Mike for some reason.
have you tried installing the Video Test Streams add on in slyguy repo and trying to play a widevine video??

Neither. 
I think I saw something on the test streams, but I am wondering how installing them will help.
I will give it a go, but can you suggest what I am looking for? 

Also, what is a WildVine video and how would I get hold of one to try?

Sorry for the dumb questions. I am really struggling with the LibreELEC/Kodi worlds. As I have said, I just bought a PVR and found out later that I had bought a NUC.
I can see that there is a huge amount of background information that I am just ignorant of. At the moment I can only ask dumb questions.

Regards 
Tim
(2024-04-11, 08:00)Tim.C Wrote:
(2024-04-10, 17:14)markeymark Wrote:

Neither. 
I think I saw something on the test streams, but I am wondering how installing them will help.
I will give it a go, but can you suggest what I am looking for? 

Also, what is a WildVine video and how would I get hold of one to try?

Sorry for the dumb questions. I am really struggling with the LibreELEC/Kodi worlds. As I have said, I just bought a PVR and found out later that I had bought a NUC.
I can see that there is a huge amount of background information that I am just ignorant of. At the moment I can only ask dumb questions.

Regards 
Tim

Ok.  I set up the Video Test Streams add on and they run OK.  I was expecting a test pattern but got a Parkour exhibition.  I didn't watch it all the way through. Perhaps the test patterns come later.
In any case, they worked fine.

I did a bit more examination around the streaming apps (including Paramount+) and discovered that some of the Movies in the various addons worked.  They were both visible in the file lists and able to be played.
I suspect that some movies weren't visible, but that is a bit hard to prove. Things like Oppenheimer were visible, but not able to be played as they require a payment.

This makes me think that it is probably a Digital Rights Management Issue.  I have the impression that WildVine and InputStream Helper both have something to do with DRM. 
Is that correct?
In any case, I have tried reloading both of them and restarting to no affect.

I get the impression that there are several different flavors of DRM, e.g. There is one for shows broadcast over the air and shows that are streamed.  I guess there is some difference in the DRM for Movies as opposed to Shoes as well.
Does that make sense?

I still have no idea of how I can get hold of a WildVine video.  I tried googling it and found lots of youtube videos about Farming WildVines, but I don't think that was what you were meaning.
I did see a bit of an explanation about what WildVine is (DRM mainly) and that is something to do with Google.  The rest was over my head.

Not sure where to go from here.

Regards

Tim
Please provide a full Kodi debug log showing the issue with this add-on. If your using banned add-ons, you won't get support here
(2024-04-13, 08:23)matthuisman Wrote: Please provide a full Kodi debug log showing the issue with this add-on. If your using banned add-ons, you won't get support here

Matt,

Can I ask you to be a bit gentler in your language. It should be obvious from my previous posts, that I lack knowledge, both in the LibreELEC/Kodi world and on this forum.

I don't know what is behind your implication about banned addons comes from. I have paid up Paramount+, Prime, AcornTV and Disney+ subscriptions and a Lapsed Netflix subscription (due to their unwillingness to accept ApplePay).

I have simply tried to bring my new IceBox NUC based PVR to the same capability as my old Fech Box PVR, which has a smart TV interface as well as apps for a bunch of the typical commercial streaming services.
Whether I have managed to include something banned, I have no idea. If I have, it is not through intent to do something wrong.
Can you point me to a Banned list of addons?
I will happily remove anything deemed inappropriate.

The reality is that I am struggling to come to terms with the LibreELEC/Kodi world and how this forum works.

I have tried two times to add some log data without success.  Each time I only succeeded in locking up the post and losing all the text I typed.
I then tried using the https://paste.kodi.tv/ thing but it just returned a failure message. "Something went Wrong." when I pressed Ctr; +s.

I have no idea what to do next.
Please stop with the walls of text that isn't helpful. Keep trying with the logs please.
(2024-04-14, 00:20)matthuisman Wrote: Please stop with the walls of text that isn't helpful. Keep trying with the logs please.

Matt,
I have tried to put up a log three times and it didn't work.  Obviously, I am doing something wrong.
I will try once again.  The kink below is to the URL for Paste.kodi, but I don't think I have been successful.

Kodi Log

I have tries copying and pasting the log into a post, but that didn't work.

There doesn't seem to be a way to load a file into Paste.Kodit.tv,  All I get is a blank screen with a few icons at the top that don't seem to do anything.
I tried dragging a dropping the Log file into Paste.Kodit.tv and nothing happened.
I tried copying and pasting the log text into Paste.Kodit.tv and at last I could see the log data.  Again, the icon buttons didn't seem to work.  But when I hovered the mouse over them, they showed key combinations, namely Ctrl + S.  But when I pressed Ctrl + S a message appeared saying "Something went wrong".

I don't know how this forum set up works and I can't see a help page anwhere.

Please provide some guidance so I can provide you with what you have asked for.

Regards

Tim
https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy

Thats as much as im willing to provide.
You'll just need to google / watch videos / trial and error if thats not enough

This thread is not the place for "general support"
(2024-04-14, 06:52)matthuisman Wrote: https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy

Thats as much as im willing to provide.
You'll just need to google / watch videos / trial and error if thats not enough

This thread is not the place for "general support"

Thankyou Matt. I understand that I need to know more and I have to put some effort in.  I really needed somewhere to start.
It will probably take a day or two to set it up.

Regards

Tim
Matt,

I have finally managed to set up a log file. 
I started the log, then attempted to open a "Show" program (which didn't work), and then opened a "Movie" program successfully.
The link below should show the log. 
Log
Please let me know if there is any more info you need.
Thank you Tim
The below gives me something to look into Smile

Im not sure if that exception is coming from my addon so sort of confused.
Ill see if I can re-create
Please keep your log there as it may contain helpful stuff
Quote:2024-04-23 14:07:24.245 T:1558    debug <general>: slyguy.paramount.plus - Router Parsed: 'plugin://slyguy.paramount.plus/?_=shows&group_id=1188' => shows {'group_id': '1188', '_url': 'plugin://slyguy.paramount.plus/?_=shows&group_id=1188'}
2024-04-23 14:07:24.245 T:1558    debug <general>: slyguy.paramount.plus - Attempt 1/1: GET https://www.intl.paramountplus.com/apps-.../1188.json
2024-04-23 14:07:24.251 T:1558    debug <general>: slyguy.paramount.plus - DNS Resolver: www.intl.paramountplus.com -> 151.101.97.91
2024-04-23 14:07:24.316 T:1558    debug <general>: slyguy.paramount.plus - SSL Cipher: www.intl.paramountplus.com - ('TLS_AES_128_GCM_SHA256', 'TLSv1.3', 128)
2024-04-23 14:07:24.325 T:1234    debug <general>: ------ Window Init (DialogBusy.xml) ------
2024-04-23 14:07:24.972 T:1558    debug <general>: slyguy.paramount.plus - Cache Set: JbJfyP
2024-04-23 14:07:24.982 T:1558    debug <CSettingsManager>: requested setting (_updates) was not found.
2024-04-23 14:07:24.983 T:1558    error <general>: EXCEPTION: The parameter "genre" must be either a Tuple or a List.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Paramount+0