• 2(current)
Release Paramount+
0.0.8 just pushed

this should allow the W1 forced content to playback at 1080p on non-L1 devices.
Only way I could find out if they were forcing it or not was by looking at the date in the manifest path.
So I assume they just turned it on around May/June this year so all newer 4k content is forcing L1.

For devices that are L1 and want to keep getting the new content in 4k, you just need to enable "L1 Secure Device" in the add-on settings.
It defaults to disabled. This setting is only visible on Android as they are the only L1 Kodi devices
Hi, I have an account outside the US available for testing
@farid77
That would be a big help.
Can you link to playstore for which paramount+ app you install and use in your country? And advise what country it's for?
@farid77 - I've unlocked your privs for PM's in case you need them to share your details with @matthuisman.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
just pushed 0.0.9

Added support for International regions.
Basically if this is the android app you use: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...com.cbs.ca - then your region will work.
(USA is this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...om.cbs.app)

Simply change the region to International in the add-on settings then Login.

@farid77
Please try!
I can't conect

it said... "failed to fetch JSON data, make sure your ip addres is allowed"
forget it... it work... just change region from USA to internacional in setings

thanks!
when playing any video, the subtitle does not display properly, is there any way to correct this?
@matthuisman
First of all, thank you for developing such a great add-on.

I know the plugin is not ready to handle subtitles. But I need to use Kodi external subtitles.

The current version has the following problems
1. In some cases the subtitles are not displayed properly after the first mount, and need to be mounted again.
2. In some cases, no matter how to mount the subtitles, they cannot be displayed, and need to be replayed.
3. Subtitle problem occurs at the end of a scene (when a commercial should be inserted). The original normal display of the subtitles will become other subtitles (because the plug-in does not deal with other languages, will be displayed as a garbled code)
4. Multiple subtitles jump automatically (after a few seconds of normal display, they change to other languages) and manual switching is not effective. Repeated mounts may solve it.
5. HBO Max has similar problem.

Here is the log
https://paste.kodi.tv/qikusikibu.kodi
I'm not sure I understand.

If your using external subs, then that's handled by Kodi. The addon has no control over them
@matthuisman
I'm sorry, obviously I'm not a native English speaker.
What I meant was that when using external subtitles there is a problem with them not showing up and the language automatically switching to other languages not switching. I also think it might be related to Kodi. At first I used Kodi 19.1, then I tested the latest nightly version and the problem persists. How should I troubleshoot the problem? Test Kodi 19?
(2021-07-02, 20:18)matthuisman Wrote: I'm not sure I understand.

If your using external subs, then that's handled by Kodi. The addon has no control over them

I can't seem to fall back directly to Kodi version 19... I don't think that will help solve the problem either.
The reason why I think it's the add-on is that I've never had subtitle issues with Netflix before and more recently with the Disney Plus add-on.
So maybe it's possible that the add-on affects Kodi external subtitles in some way?
According to the test, there will be 100% problem when Why.Women.Kill.S01E03 is played about 15 minutes. The normal subtitles will change to other languages. And it doesn't display properly when it is mounted again (it will display for a few seconds, but the timeline is 30 minutes long) and switch to another language again.
I checked and it's not a subtitle issue.
I can provide Paramount Plus account and subtitle file for testing.
Through more testing, I found that Why.Women.Kill.S01E03 does not display properly after 15 minutes using bilingual subtitles (Chs&Eng) no matter what. But language Chs, Eng is possible. All subtitle formats are utf-8 without bom.

@matthuisman
Subtitles always switch to other languages (Paramount Plus official subtitles) maybe the Add-on can add an option. Not show any official subtitles?
I would like to know what happens this way, maybe the subtitles are simply not displayed.
Oh.. I think lots of paramount+ uses chapters. I suspect the subs are resetting at the start of each chapter. This will be an issue in either inputstream adaptive or Kodi itself.

I'll look at adding a setting to remove the embedded subs from paramount

When you first start playback, does it choose your subs automatically? If not, you may need to look at the Kodi subtitle settings. Preferred language etc

If you get it defaulting to the correct ones, it may stick to those after a chapter change
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Paramount+0