Kodi is crashing
Hi,

I have tried 3 or 4 versions and the program is randomly crashing, either after a movie ends, or simply browsing in the settings.
I am attaching the log file.Log

Can somebody help me with what could cause this problem?

Thank you very much!
Nothing in the log stands out, but you didn't turn on debug logging so most of the details are not available in this one. Try again with logging turned on, and using Desktop Resolution: 2560x1440 32Bit at 60Hz and see if there's a difference.
The log does not capture the crash, so there is nothing to see. It shows you exiting normally after uploading the log.

I do notice you have a desktop refresh rate of 120Hz. Drop that down to 50 or 60Hz and see if that makes a difference
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi

Thank you both for the suggestions, I set to 60Hz but it is still crashing.
I'm attaching the log again: jozoxucosa.kodi (paste)
(2021-06-18, 22:45)benktib Wrote: Hi

Thank you both for the suggestions, I set to 60Hz but it is still crashing.
I'm attaching the log again: jozoxucosa.kodi (paste)

Try to clear your cache, and restart, this might be helpful
I had this problem of random crashing in the last two Kodi versions, maybe three.
Usually the crash happens after less than a minute if I browse a SMB:// source.
Worse, if I switch from full-screen to windowed via ALT+ENTER and back, it freezes and I cannot regain control of the operating system unless I play tricks with WIN+TAB and input a kill command in a invisible command window.

Windows 10 64 bit
Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti running 2560 x 1440 @ 144 Hz 8-bit RGB

I have [Adjust Display Refresh Rate] enabled and the display OSD tells me Kodi drops to 60 Hz when the interface is in full screen.

I already sent the log in some other place I don't remember and I had zero feedback.
(2021-06-23, 23:36)colemar Wrote: I had this problem of random crashing in the last two Kodi versions, maybe three.
Usually the crash happens after less than a minute if I browse a SMB:// source.
Worse, if I switch from full-screen to windowed via ALT+ENTER and back, it freezes and I cannot regain control of the operating system unless I play tricks with WIN+TAB and input a kill command in a invisible command window.

Windows 10 64 bit
Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti running 2560 x 1440 @ 144 Hz 8-bit RGB

I have [Adjust Display Refresh Rate] enabled and the display OSD tells me Kodi drops to 60 Hz when the interface is in full screen.

I already sent the log in some other place I don't remember and I had zero feedback.

Correction: after starting Kodi, the display begins to alternate from 50Hz to 144Hz and vice versa, approximately every two seconds. When i click on a particular video file Kodi freezes immediately (does not disappear) and the display switches to 60 Hz.
The culprit seems to be [Adjust Display Refresh Rate]. If is set it to "off" I can start some video files, even those that would freeze Kodi, but it still crashes (not freezing) on another video file which is in 4K HDR.
I would like to make the display refresh rate follow the video file FPS, but apparently I cannot.
(2021-06-24, 00:03)colemar Wrote: The culprit seems to be [Adjust Display Refresh Rate]. If is set it to "off" I can start some video files, even those that would freeze Kodi, but it still crashes (not freezing) on another video file which is in 4K HDR.
I would like to make the display refresh rate follow the video file FPS, but apparently I cannot.

The problem somehow solved by itself after some time.
Now I have another problem with Kodi crashing when browsing an http folder containing video files.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2021-08-07, 19:25)colemar Wrote: Now I have another problem with Kodi crashing when browsing an http folder containing video files.
Along with a proper debug log link, create a new thread please.
New thread:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=363900
I have been having a lot of crashing problems as well and it is looking like it was a bad hdd enclosure that holds 4 usb drives.  Not sure if you have anything like this going on as well.  The enclosure and hdd's I am using were all brand new as well.  I only found this out after putting the new drives in an old enclosure and problem seemed to be solved.  I am still running test but kodi has yet to crash.
(2021-08-09, 08:55)badbones Wrote: and it is looking like it was a bad hdd enclosure that holds 4 usb drives.

Not every HDD enclosure uses a fully Windows/Apple/Linux compatible disk controller. The cheaper the hardware, the bigger the change of a mishap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi is crashing0