Channel List (button H) won't dismiss
When pressing H the channel list is displayed while when pressing it for the second time kodi goes to the main menu. This is actually not that usable especially when using RC...
Never used it, but I'm guessing the Back button would take you back to where you want to go?

EDIT - I just tried the H key, and it toggles between the Channel List & whichever screen you were in. So if I'm in fullscreen video it toggles between that & Channel List. If I'm in Home Screen, it toggles Home Screen & Channel List. Not sure what else you expect it to do?
(2021-06-19, 01:42)FXB78 Wrote: Never used it, but I'm guessing the Back button would take you back to where you want to go?

EDIT - I just tried the H key, and it toggles between the Channel List & whichever screen you were in. So if I'm in fullscreen video it toggles between that & Channel List. If I'm in Home Screen, it toggles Home Screen & Channel List. Not sure what else you expect it to do?
No, unfortunately it won't. The OK button will if you have it
You might want to explain your use case, because for me it toggles between the current view & the channel list.
(2021-06-19, 02:22)FXB78 Wrote: You might want to explain your use case, because for me it toggles between the current view & the channel list.

Using Simple PVR client (not sure if that matters and the issue remains with other PVR clients), NUC, Windows, Kodi 19 Matrix - last build. When pressing H on the keyboard or corresponding remote button channel list appears. Pressing H button for the second time Kodi goes to the main menu i.e. not hiding the channel list as it normally happens with real TVs.
I managed to have it somehow solved in Aeon Nox Silvo when activated "Hide Main Menu elements when pressing back". That worked perfectly as i was expecting but once i restarted Kodi that stopped working and won't work again regardless if i check/uncheck this box again.
If you say that it toggles between the current view i expect you press H - channel list (not E - guide) and once you press H for the second time the channel list dismisses and you DO NOT see the main menu but the live tv channel was playing before you called the channel list. Similar i had it once when i switched to Aeon Nox Silvo. If it is so then it must be a bug somewhere - not sure if others experience similar issue i do.
I'd suggest trying it with Estuary, as this skin will always give the correct behaviour for any core functions. That way you can narrow it down to either a skin issue or something else.
(2021-06-19, 16:01)FXB78 Wrote: I'd suggest trying it with Estuary, as this skin will always give the correct behaviour for any core functions. That way you can narrow it down to either a skin issue or something else.

Same issue with Estuary - when changed the skin it works perfectly well. Next time i start Kodi - it doesn't work... Checked with Mac version of Matrix - same issue.
This is interesting .
I get the same behaviour as FXB78 using Estuary, so it must be something particular with your setup.
I am wondering: did you do any button customisations ( altering key map files)? Asking because I had some weird behaviour in the past which turned out to be some buttons that had contradictive or overruling settings done in specific contexts.
Do you have a setting stored in a key map file for 'H' action for any of the starting context screens ( either global, FS video or Live TV) ?

:edit Just noticed last post has been some time ago. In case you have already solved this I'd be interested in the solution
I think this is more of a support issue or bug.  I'm guessing the cause is how TVChannels window is implemented, it sets a path so the PreviousMenu Action ends up back in the Home window.

scott s.
(2021-07-26, 18:47)Atreyu Wrote: This is interesting .
I get the same behaviour as FXB78 using Estuary, so it must be something particular with your setup.
I am wondering: did you do any button customisations ( altering key map files)? Asking because I had some weird behaviour in the past which turned out to be some buttons that had contradictive or overruling settings done in specific contexts.
Do you have a setting stored in a key map file for 'H' action for any of the starting context screens ( either global, FS video or Live TV) ?

:edit Just noticed last post has been some time ago. In case you have already solved this I'd be interested in the solution
Sorry, i've missed the post. No, i didn't do anything about customization at all. I've tried with a Libreelec build - same issue. What is strange the first time you set any skin it works just fine. Next time you restart Kodi - it won't.
For those who might be interested, i've edited keymap.xml

<TVChannels>
    <keyboard>
      <h>PreviousMenu</h> REPLACE to <h>Fullscreen</h>

Now it works as expected.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Channel List (button H) won't dismiss0