xbmcgui.Dialog().textviewer limits ?
I am using the textviewer feature to display some addon performance data which I keep in a separate SQLite database.  It is working fine but I am wondering what the limits are either by number of rows or number of bytes that the textviewier can display ?  I've tested displaying 150 rows with around 12K bytes and it worked fine but I am wondering what the upper limits are so that I ensure I don't exceed them.

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
IIRC, text is stored as std::string so the limit is imposed by OS and can be quite huge especially on 64-bit OSes. I don't think that any reasonable text can hit the limit.
Thanks for the response.  I am going to limit the output to 500 lines in my addon and provide the user the ability to query a subset of the data (i.e. by date, by playlist etc..).  I don't see anyone scrolling through more than 500 lines. 

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmcgui.Dialog().textviewer limits ?0