Req Option to disconnect Music Videos from Music Library
So I've noticed there have been some fairly recent attention given to the music videos section, and it's much appreciated! That being said... I would love to have the option to disconnect the Music Videos Library from the Audio Music Library. A while back, I decided to add brackets around my Music Video artists so that they wouldn't directly link to my Audio Music artists, because I had made custom artwork and wanted them to be completely separate and is much cleaner now. The only issue I run into is that I have to manually set the artist level thumbs to the custom artwork... the song level thumbs will automatically display my thumb images. For reference, I have created 500x500px thumbs of the artists logo, which makes it much easier to navigate when looking for an artist to play... as opposed to seeing artist band pictures and not being very obvious who the artists are at a glance when browsing through several artists. If there was a toggle switch in settings to disconnect from linking to the Music Library, this would make customizing my Music Video Library much easier... and I could lose the brackets around the artist names, and also not have to manually set artists thumbs in the future depending on circumstances (such as recently... v19 isn't recognizing my backup so I will be starting a fresh library soon). However, if there is a work around... like linking to an online image for the artist, the same way you can with actors, then that would be very welcomed too. That way, I could host my custom images online and point the artists to those. It would also be nice to be able to enable thumbs for album images too... although that's not too high of a priority for me. Thank you Kodi Team!
If I understand the requirement correctly, it seems a better design would be to create a new arttype (sort of like clearlogo, but at 1:1 aspect ratio), and allow display of this arttype in lieu of artist thumb.

scott s.
(2021-06-22, 03:21)scott967 Wrote: If I understand the requirement correctly, it seems a better design would be to create a new arttype (sort of like clearlogo, but at 1:1 aspect ratio), and allow display of this arttype in lieu of artist thumb.

scott s.
That may be one way of doing what I would like to see... I was more thinking that instead of the music video section automatically inheriting the audio music art when I have the same artists/songs in both, if I could click a toggle switch in the settings to disable that... in order to allow my music videos to rely on their own arttypes in general. At the moment, I have it working fairly well the way I like by naming the artists in my music video library "[Artist]" and that keeps them separate. But I have to manually set the artist thumbs in artist view because it's currently looking to sync with the artists thumbs in the music audio library. I also don't have all matching artists & songs that exist in both music audio & music video for the videos to pull from. If an arttype such as "artist.jpg" & "album.jpg" was enabled to be used along with "thumb.jpg" and "fanart.jpg" to populate the artist/album image itself, that would be perfect. Right now, the "thumb.jpg" custom art I created works perfectly in any songs view... but as soon as I go to artist view, it only shows the default artist image until I manually set it... which can be very tedious. Just to clear up how I have my music video section looking... I have the artist logo on a 1:1 image for every song of that artist and the artist itself (as opposed to a picture of the band). I hope this makes sense. Thanks for the response Scott!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to disconnect Music Videos from Music Library0