Problem occurring during streaming
I am running Kodi on a number of devices – two different versions of Nvidia Shield (Android) and a Raspberry Pi. All have the Enigma plug in. All are network connected by Ethernet. My Streamer is a VU+ UNOSE4k running Open Vix

The problem that effects all my Kodi clients is that when receiving any streaming TV channel, if the channel shows a still picture (or nothing changing on the video) then the Kodi client appears to believe that the video has stalled. The buffering symbol appears and the sound keeps dropping on and off. Really irritating. No problem with playing recordings.

My work around is to press Pause and then Play so that the playback is delayed and is playing back from the internal disk of the device. That works. But I need to do this every time which is not really acceptable

I can't believe I am the only one with this problem. What can I do in terms of settings?
I’ve never been able to figure out what causes this. But as it doesn’t effect viewing i never dug into it too much.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
(2021-06-21, 13:05)phunkyfish Wrote: I’ve never been able to figure out what causes this. But as it doesn’t effect viewing i never dug into it too much.
Thanks for your reply but I don't understand "doesn't effect viewing"  Not only does it effect my viewing, at times it drives me crazy.  It seems worse on Standard Definition channels than HiD but it it is still irritating on HD.  I rely on Kodi to watch satellite TV on different sets my home.  Being a bit of a news junkie, I do watch news channels and they very frequently show still pics or charts and immediately the sound goes off and on, off and on, off and on.... , Argh!!!!
Ah, ok. I’ve only ever seen it happen on ad breaks and credits. Never during a show or news programme.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem occurring during streaming0