Problem with recordings after NextPvr update
Hello,

After updating to the latest version of Nextpvr (June 3) for windows, I'm having a strange issue with
recordings made with the end of March version (29th).

I'm currently running Nextpvr for Kodi 8.2.3

After the upgrade, the recordings are showing up as usual, but after starting the recording, and pausing or stopping,
it seems to disappear. It still shows up as being there, but when selecting it I get an error to check the Kodi log.

At first, I thought it was deleting them, but they show up through another plugin, and are OK.

gevitapife.kodi (paste)
Nexus Beta 1
Aeon Nox:Silvo
Rapier 12.2.16
Nvidia Shield 2017
Although this is not the required debug log, but I know this scenario.  From the browser what do you seen when you enter this on the server

http://localhost:8866/service?method=rec...ng_id=2176

Martin
(2021-06-22, 17:15)emveepee Wrote: Although this is not the required debug log, but I know this scenario.  From the browser what do you seen when you enter this on the server

http://localhost:8866/service?method=rec...ng_id=2176

Martin
https://paste.kodi.tv/ixemewibuq

I would have reverted back to the previous version, but I read over at the NextPVR forum that was not possible.
I wanted to post the log there, but since 1 only have one post there, it would not let me attach a log.

If you need a debug log, let me know, and I'll provide it.

Thanks Martin.
Nexus Beta 1
Rapier 12.2.16
Nvidia Shield 2017
That isn't the problem I expected.  Is your T: drive a share?  Also what is the size of T:\Media\Recorded TV\Fear Factor\Season 02\Fear.Factor.S02E18.Championships.ts

You can't upload logs on the NextPVR forum, they must be zip files.

Martin
Yes, a share. The file size is ~1gig. All the fear factors are about the same size.

I changed nothing except the update to NextPVR. The addon and NextPVR were working great until the upgrade.
I do use a different port then the default, but that was not an issue before, The NextPVR addon has the correct port entered, and works fine.

All of the recordings from the previous (NextPVR March) version are still visible, and the ones that were watched still have the flags marked watched.
Just when you start watching even for a few minutes, and pause then stop, they start throwing errors in Kodi, and cannot be watched again.
I tried rebooting the server, and Kodi; no change.

Thanks for the info about the NextPVR forum. I looked around, but could not find any info on posting logs. I probably missed it.
Nexus Beta 1
Rapier 12.2.16
Nvidia Shield 2017
Can you play it from NextPVR web (not NextPVR.exe) and is the T: drive usable for other recordings?   Drive letters aren't mapped to the server by default.

The backend is reporting no duration but the database shows differently.

Info on the logs are one the wiki https://github.com/sub3/NextPVR/wiki/get-help

Martin
(2021-06-22, 22:50)emveepee Wrote: Can you play it from NextPVR web (not NextPVR.exe) and is the T: drive usable for other recordings?   Drive letters aren't mapped to the server by default.

The backend is reporting no duration but the database shows differently.

Info on the logs are one the wiki https://github.com/sub3/NextPVR/wiki/get-help

Martin
If you mean playing the episode in NextPVR using the browser, yes.
They even show up in the browser as normal, including the resume function.
Upgrading did not seem to effect them.

The T: drive has always been used with NextPVR with zero issues.
It is also used to store my DVD rips, no issues there either.

Thanks for the link.
Nexus Beta 1
Rapier 12.2.16
Nvidia Shield 2017
It is not clear how to proceed.  I guess run this http://localhost:8866/service?method=rec...lter=ready and provide the output, and also turn on debug logging, clear the PVR database from PVR Settings, try to play the file again and provide the debug log.  I will need to see the NextPVR log too just in case there is an odd error.

Martin
(2021-06-23, 00:04)emveepee Wrote: It is not clear how to proceed.  I guess run this http://localhost:8866/service?method=rec...lter=ready and provide the output, and also turn on debug logging, clear the PVR database from PVR Settings, try to play the file again and provide the debug log.  I will need to see the NextPVR log too just in case there is an odd error.

Martin

Ok, I'll tackle that tomorrow.

Thanks for trying to help Martin.
Nexus Beta 1
Rapier 12.2.16
Nvidia Shield 2017
I thought about this for a bit, and decided to try changing the setting "Show season folders" to off in the NextPVR addon. Then rebooted Kodi. So far things are working ok. Stoping, and resuming is working as it should. I had set it that way a while back, and was working fine until the upgrade.

I'll do some more testing on this tonight, and see if it's ok. If that works,
I'll try changing it back. Then see if the problem comes back.
Nexus Beta 1
Rapier 12.2.16
Nvidia Shield 2017
I use that everyday so I don't see it causing the difference, streaming access is via an ID, but it would generate a database reload.  It could be that the T: wasn't available when the server requested the listing.

Martin
(2021-06-23, 00:43)emveepee Wrote: I use that everyday so I don't see it causing the difference, streaming access is via an ID, but it would generate a database reload.  It could be that the T: wasn't available when the server requested the listing.

Martin
Decided to try turning it back on, and rebooted. Tried to play the same episode as before, and the problem is back. Turned it off again, rebooted, and it was fine.

​​​​​​I guess it's one of those mysteries. I'm certainly no expert, but it seems like some database issue.

Since it's working this way I'll leave it for now.

Thanks again Martin.
Nexus Beta 1
Rapier 12.2.16
Nvidia Shield 2017
Very interesting. What if you use the Kodi style OSD with filename style sort to get the S/E ordering.

Also if you could PM me a link to your database I would be interested it trying it here.

Martin
(2021-06-23, 01:21)emveepee Wrote: Very interesting. What if you use the Kodi style OSD with filename style sort to get the S/E ordering.

Also if you could PM me a link to your database I would be interested it trying it here.

Martin
Tried using Kodi style recordings. First without S/E ordering, and then with it enabled, and it seems to work fine. It did lose all the watched flags and resume flags. This was kind of expected.

I then turned off Kodi style recordings, and the problem came back. The watched flags were still there. All testing was done with the same episode.

For now I'll make notes of which were watched, and Mark them manually using the Kodi style. At least I can use the seasons function again.

Thanks for the advice Martin.
Nexus Beta 1
Rapier 12.2.16
Nvidia Shield 2017
Did you change the default from storing the resume position in NextPVR?  Those watched/resume settings are controlled by the server and the actual names don't change based on the display settings in Kodi.  I am wondering if the Kodi database is give the bad duration.

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with recordings after NextPvr update0