Problem with scanning movie information
I have a folder called Documentaries which is a movie source filled with movies. When I scan from this root, all movies inside this folder are scanned with the using the folder name "Documentaries." The actual movie titles (the filenames in the documentaries folder are the movie titles) are not used. Is there something I am doing wrong? Thanks.
the best way of doing this, atleast from my experience is to
have one folder for each movie like this:

Mymovies
- Movie title 1
- moviefile
- Movie title 2
- moviefile
- Movie title 3
- moviefile
- Movie title 4
- moviefile

then set the option "use foldernames for lookup in the settings. remember that each folder is named correctly according to the correct title.
also enable the option "scan recursively"
then set the correct content for your source.

This structure atleast for me works flawless, only there seems to be some bugs with the stacking as sometimes in library view xbmc displays movie cd1 and movie cd2 as to different movies with the same cover showing.
no edit function. that folder view came across wrong:
Code:
Mymovies
- Movie title 1
  - moviefile
- Movie title 2
  - moviefile
- Movie title 3
  - moviefile
- Movie title 4
  - moviefile
Got it. I did it a different way but you got me to the answer. My structure is:
Folder
movie.iso
movie.iso
movie.iso
movie.iso

I unchecked use folder name for lookup and it worked.

Thanks for the help.
that would also work i guess. reason that i have subfolders is if you have
more than just the movie files. Like i have subs in *.srt files for all my movies. creating folders for each movie is "cleaner"

glad to help out !
you should enable "use foldernames" when you have each movie in its own folder, and you name the folders in sane fashion. if you have multiple movies in a folder, do not enable this. it'll cause some mayhem. you'll get a bunch of duplicates.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
btw this ticket:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/4480

says something about duplicate entries when scanning movies to library.
i have seen the same. i have tried to figure out why this happens but had no luck. the movies wich fails is named just like those who are okay. this
is when i have cd1 and cd2 files under a movie directory.

gonna test some more to see if i can reproduce behavior. has there been any progress on this bug ?
you can get duplicates when a multi-file movie doesn't stack. when you see this, switch back to files view, and manually enable stacking. if they don't stack, you'll need to add a custom stacking regexp.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Not unless it's listed in the ticket. Generally unless it's reproducible, it's not going to be fixable. Any help you can give in this regard would be great.

then i gonna smoke this bastard out of it's hole Wink
okay, last time i had a look at this it was obviously late at night Wink

problem is my naming - and i guess this is'nt a bug.

V.for.Vendetta.DVDRip.XviD-DoNE.1.avi
V.for.Vendetta.DVDRip.XviD-DoNE.2.avi

if i change to:
V.for.Vendetta.DVDRip.XviD-DoNE.cd1.avi
V.for.Vendetta.DVDRip.XviD-DoNE.cd2.avi

it's get added to the library without any duplicates Smile it's just me who need to read up on that stacking rutine for xbmc....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with scanning movie information0