tvOS play gui sounds
seems broken on 19.1 tvos. There are no gui sounds at all when using a remote
It works on 17.6 if that is of any help
GUI sounds only work for input that uses "keyboard" code path. Anything that uses game "controller" code path as input doesn't apply GUI sounds. Apple tv remote input uses the latter.
(2021-06-30, 21:24)Fuzzard Wrote:  soGUI sounds only work for input that uses "keyboard" code path. Anything that uses game "controller" code path as input doesn't apply GUI sounds. Apple tv remote input uses the latter.

Not using the apple remote. Using HDMI-Cec from the TV.
Did the path change from 17.6 to 19?
Since it does work in 17.6 it feels strange that 19.1 should have less functionality
No tvos input is handled like keyboard input, so yes.
(2021-06-30, 22:23)Fuzzard Wrote: No tvos input is handled like keyboard input, so yes.

Well, then this is a humble request to change it back to how it worked in 17.6. 
For me the missing sounds is such a big issue that I can't upgrade until they work
Came here to report the same issue. The lack of GUI sounds in Kodi 19 on tvOS is obviously a bug from any user's perspective, and should be treated as such. The explanation offered by Fuzzard, though it may be accurate, is unsatisfactory. It is the convention throughout the entirety of tvOS is that navigation should produce sounds, and so it should be the case in Kodi. This is a significant regression from Kodi 17!

Please consider the lack of navigation sounds in tvOS as a bug and fix it!
PR's are always welcome from anyone interested in fixing it.
(2021-10-11, 07:40)Fuzzard Wrote: PR's are always welcome from anyone interested in fixing it.

I might give it a whirl at some point. Given though that controller input doesn't produce GUI sounds, can you recommend a method for fixing this? For example, how about adding a setting that indicates whether a specific controller should create GUI sounds, and then setting it for the Apple TV and Siri remotes?
Its not just an option missing. All gamecontoller input (on all platforms) doesnt generate any audio sounds. It needs to be added to gamecontroller codepaths.

The game controller stuff gave me head spins trying to follow it all. As it goes into and out of the addon system as well. Have to look at the call graph and find somewhere add it.
(2021-10-11, 08:21)Fuzzard Wrote: Its not just an option missing. All gamecontoller input (on all platforms) doesnt generate any audio sounds. It needs to be added to gamecontroller codepaths.

The game controller stuff gave me head spins trying to follow it all. As it goes into and out of the addon system as well. Have to look at the call graph and find somewhere add it.

Right, if I go the option route, I would also implement the option's functionality. The idea is to make there be GUI sounds for just the Apple TV / Siri remotes and nothing else.

Also, maybe people that use controllers might like the option of having them make GUI sounds too, since they also used to in an earlier version of Kodi. Having the option to do so would be nice, so long as it defaults to off so that current behavior doesn't change unexpectedly when people update.

Who knows if I'll be able to manage it, though! I do have some experience of dropping into other people's complex code, but there's only so much my brain can handle.
Since I'm not a C developer I can't help with the coding but I can do testing.
May I ask what changed from 17.6 and if it can be reverted? For my use case the "broken" sounds is a blocking Issue that means that 17.6 is the last "working" version.
I do believe that mrmc has working sounds too if that codebase can be of any help
a lot has changed, unfortunately.

mrmc is based on the v17 code iirc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
play gui sounds0