XBMC does not write log file nor settings changes when run as standard user in Vista
kraqh3d is working with the svn version which I changed recently.

@kraqh3d: are you sure that your Application.cpp is up to date? I don't use q: anymore: http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/15206
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
hmm... maybe i accidently locked application.cpp to a revision. i;ll check that later.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
thank u very mutch
I recently tried the debug log file settings aswell, unable to find it in /var/tmp directory, nor the /usr/share/xbmc/ dir.

Tried with both advancedsettings.xml and the setting in xbmc. Using ppa builds for ubuntu hardy.

Never tried to enable it though, so I guess I miss something trivial.
over the weekend, i found my missing logfiles! they were being put in the parent folder of the exe, named as the parent folder concatenated with xbmc.log! i haven't synced in a few days but will tongiht and if the problem persists i know why. a simple "addslashtofolder" beforehand should fix it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC does not write log file nor settings changes when run as standard user in Vista0