CEC Configuration
Hi all,

being a Kodi user for several years now I've been able to figure out all issues and questions on my own so far, I'm struggling now with an issue caused by my new TV. So hopefully someone can provide some advice.

Is it possible to configure the duration of keypress events triggered by the CEC addon to values greater than 500mse.g. in some config file?

I'm aware of the option "Remote button press release time (ms)", but the GUI allows only to enter values up to 500ms.
While this seems reasonable, I'd still like to give a try with 2000ms.
The reason for this is my new TV (Samsung The Frame) and its frickin' art mode (showing picture or photos with reduced backlight): When the TV is on, a short press of the power button of the remote control switches it to this art mode. To actually switch it off completly you have to keep the power button pressed for about 2seconds instead.
Waking up the TV by the RPi4 via CEC works like a charm, but due to the odd logic described above the TV always ends up in art mode instead of being switched of completely when Kodi shuts down.

With apparently no possibility to deactive this art mode in the TV itself, I was hoping to find a possibility to get Kodi to simulate a long enough power button press when shutting down Kodi e.g. by patching some config file to switch off the TV as well.

Any ideas on where and how to patch the CEC addon's settings or other suggestions to achieve this goal would be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot
BerK
CEC is a bit of loose cannon, because every TV manufacturer has its own opinions on what CEC should do and how CEC should do that. Each TV manufacturer even has their own unique name for the same CEC technology... No

So basically, "your milage may vary". I'm not sure if CEC even supports longpress events at all. My own TV is too old for that sh!t anyway, it only does the basics.
Thanks anyway.

I did find the corresponding setting file for the CEC addon after all, but it appears there's acheck for the boundaries in the code:
Even if I patch the value there to e.g. 2000ms, it's back at 500ms after the next restart...

Though not very elegant, I found a different solution for my issue:
  • I created a picture with 4K resolution in black and loaded that into the Art Mode of the TV as default picture to be shown in full screen
    Thus the user doesn't realize that the TV actually goes to Art Mode rather than switching off
  • 2 seconds later (that's the time the TV seems to need after switching to the Art Mode before being receptive for new commands again) I use my smart home system (openHAB) to finally switch off the Art Mode as well so the TV finally switches off

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CEC Configuration0