Live TV thumbnail in the program guide (EPG)
When watching LiveTV, sometimes I view the EPG to see what else is on. In the EPG, there is a box at the top left that continues to show you what you are currently watching. I don't think it is sized properly as I just see a corner of my fullscreen and it flickers. I am running Kodi 19.1 on a Pi 3+ and I am using LibreElec 10 test build. I have installed the Amber Skin from the Amber repo. I have used the kodi default skin in the past but it dims what's playing and puts the EPG on top of what's playing now. I am not sure if this is an issue with kodi, Rpi, my rig, the OS or the skin.
(2021-07-08, 18:21)stuckinthehome Wrote: When watching LiveTV, sometimes I view the EPG to see what else is on. In the EPG, there is a box at the top left that continues to show you what you are currently watching. I don't think it is sized properly as I just see a corner of my fullscreen and it flickers. I am running Kodi 19.1 on a Pi 3+ and I am using LibreElec 10 test build. I have installed the Amber Skin from the Amber repo. I have used the kodi default skin in the past but it dims what's playing and puts the EPG on top of what's playing now. I am not sure if this is an issue with kodi, Rpi, my rig, the OS or the skin.
@stuckinthehome , I am not sure what is going on in your system.  Using Kodi 19.1 on Windows, I get the following:

It shows the full screen of what is playing.  I think it might be an issue with Kodi in your particular OS, or with the PVR client/backend that you are using.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-07-08, 23:24)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-07-08, 18:21)stuckinthehome Wrote: When watching LiveTV, sometimes I view the EPG to see what else is on. In the EPG, there is a box at the top left that continues to show you what you are currently watching. I don't think it is sized properly as I just see a corner of my fullscreen and it flickers. I am running Kodi 19.1 on a Pi 3+ and I am using LibreElec 10 test build. I have installed the Amber Skin from the Amber repo. I have used the kodi default skin in the past but it dims what's playing and puts the EPG on top of what's playing now. I am not sure if this is an issue with kodi, Rpi, my rig, the OS or the skin.
@stuckinthehome , I am not sure what is going on in your system.  Using Kodi 19.1 on Windows, I get the following:

It shows the full screen of what is playing.  I think it might be an issue with Kodi in your particular OS, or with the PVR client/backend that you are using.

Regards,

Bart
By default, under Amber settings Now Playing -> Show Video in the Background was set to No by default. If you leave this as No, you will see the liveTV in the top left of your picture where the thumbnail is located but mine doesn't scale properly. This way is nice since you can see the show a bit better versus being in the background.
Hello.
In my EPG the Thumbnail in the left flickers too.
Can i change the „Live TV“ to the Programm Logo?

My System is a Raspberry 4 

Greetings
(2021-08-27, 10:48)onkel645 Wrote: Can i change the „Live TV“ to the Programm Logo?

@onkel645 , do you mean the channel logo? Please confirm.  in any case, I will need to add an option to show the channel logo or other program artwork.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
@bsoriano 

I mean the Live TV on the Top. 
Here is a picture (red arrow). This flickers the whole time…

(2021-08-28, 08:57)onkel645 Wrote: @bsoriano 

I mean the Live TV on the Top. 
Here is a picture (red arrow). This flickers the whole time…

@onkel645 , I have added a new setting that allows you to hide the video preview of the currently playing channel when you are in the channels, guide, timers, search or recordings windows.  You can find the new setting here:

Which results in the channel logo (or program icon) being shown in the channels view instead of the video preview, as you can see here:

Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

This change is already available on GitHub, for Matrix only at this time.  If you do not feel comfortable downloading/testing from GitHub, please wait a few days and I will upload a new version to the Amber repos.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
How about listitem.epgeventicon?
(2021-09-02, 07:46)KingChit Wrote: How about listitem.epgeventicon?
@KingChit , if it is there, that is what Amber will show.  If not, and you have tmdb helper enabled, it will try the fanart, thumb or poster that tmdb helper finds for the programme; if none of that is available, it will show ListItem.Icon, which, as in my screenshot, usually is the channel icon.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV thumbnail in the program guide (EPG)0