music not loading into kodi
Looks like a problem with the drivers. Do you have all the latest software versions installed?
(2021-07-14, 09:44)Burrrrrton Wrote: Looks like a problem with the drivers. Do you have all the latest software versions installed?

No it doesn't.  Please don't post misleading things.  This has absolutely nothing to do with any drivers and everything to do with the source(s) added as music to Kodi.  @BikerDude , next time you add something, if you put Kodi into debugging mode first and then try and add your new stuff using "Update Library" (which apparently won't work for you) and then add it by navigating to your new stuff and choosing "Scan to library" from the context menu then there should be enough info in the resulting logifle to identify what is going on.

Cheers.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2021-07-10, 12:04)DaveBlake Wrote: @BikerDude I suspect we have a language/terminology problem.

Sounds like you have a music file that Kodi can play from Windows Explorer, but that is not what Scott is saying. In terms of Kodi discussuion of "music source"  is asking if the music file is located in a folder or subfolder that has been added to Kodi as a music source. Scanning into the library, or playback from file view in Kodi only looks at music files that are located in the "music sources", that is those locations that Kodi has been told to look in for music.

I suspect that the new music is located somewhere that Kodi is not looking at when doing a library update.
Hello all

Thank you for your reply and suggestions

Sorry for not explaining correctly,

I confirmed that  I put the file in my music dataset (under artist like the r4est of my music ) in the music dataset that contains all my music on my NAS  (once passed through MB and tested) and this music dataset is the (only) music source i use to populate Kodi. If i add the file folder for that artist as a new music source Kodi will play it but it will not add it to the library

Thank you \all
Best regards to all
BikerDude
HTPC with 16gb ram M-Audio LT1010 sound card feeding McIntosh 7205 power amp Magneplanar 2.7r and Velodyne dd12. All connected to Sony smart tv.
All media on 2 fully redundant TrueNas VMs installed on Proxmox servers. Running Kodi. Everything works brilliantly until i screw it up
(2021-09-27, 16:53)BikerDude Wrote: If i add the file folder for that artist as a new music source Kodi will play it but it will not add it to the library

Why are you adding it as a new source ?   All you should need to do is create that artist folder (in your original source), drop some album(s) into it and tell Kodi to update the music library.  Kodi should then scan and add the new stuff.

As stated previously, if this doesn't work for you, please get a debug log (wiki) showing you attempting to update the library after having added the new artist to your source.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
I suspect the issue here is that it appears Kodi File Manager may have been used at some point to create the source.

Music sources should ALWAYS be added via the Music section as shown in https://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_music_to_the_library

Adding a source containing music via File Manager gives access to the file, but won't add the file to the library, File Manager should NEVER be used to add Media sources.
(2021-09-28, 10:34)black_eagle Wrote:
(2021-09-27, 16:53)BikerDude Wrote: If i add the file folder for that artist as a new music source Kodi will play it but it will not add it to the library

Why are you adding it as a new source ?   All you should need to do is create that artist folder (in your original source), drop some album(s) into it and tell Kodi to update the music library.  Kodi should then scan and add the new stuff.

As stated previously, if this doesn't work for you, please get a debug log (wiki) showing you attempting to update the library after having added the new artist to your source.
Hello all

Thank you for your responses 

I do put all the songs under artist and albums in my NAS shared folder (/media/music) 

the reason i do not run logs is that although these files are properly located they do not show up in the library. hence they will not (IMHO) show up on the log. Am i wrong?
Best regards to all
BikerDude
HTPC with 16gb ram M-Audio LT1010 sound card feeding McIntosh 7205 power amp Magneplanar 2.7r and Velodyne dd12. All connected to Sony smart tv.
All media on 2 fully redundant TrueNas VMs installed on Proxmox servers. Running Kodi. Everything works brilliantly until i screw it up
(2021-09-28, 18:02)BikerDude Wrote: the reason i do not run logs is that although these files are properly located they do not show up in the library. hence they will not (IMHO) show up on the log. Am i wrong?

Even if the files are not added to the library the log file should show why the file/s haven't been added so will still be useful.
(2021-09-28, 19:03)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2021-09-28, 18:02)BikerDude Wrote: the reason i do not run logs is that although these files are properly located they do not show up in the library. hence they will not (IMHO) show up on the log. Am i wrong?

Even if the files are not added to the library the log file should show why the file/s haven't been added so will still be useful.
sorry i'm not ignoring your post i just had to reinstall kodi because of other issues. I will get back to this post sometime
next week again sorry for the delay and thank you for your response
Best regards to all
BikerDude

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
music not loading into kodi0