Callback examples on audio track change?
Question 
Hi

I'm new to Python and learning how to code for Kodi.  I'm building a music-add on that will produce an endless playlist, the issue that I have is around how to "subscribe" to a track change so that I can queue up the next track.  Is there a working example of a callback?  I think I want something like, onQueueNextItem but the docs just have the one liner.

I've seen lots of code that just loads a playlist and then exits so that doesn't help me and my understanding is that my script will be dumped out unless I hold it alive with a sleep loop?  However if I throw a sleep in then I get dumped by Kodi "script didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it" which seems fine as it just doesn't feel the right way of doing it?  I feel I should be creating a subscribe event and then Kodi will call it but then I appreciate this may be my lack of Python knowledge so far.  

So are there any examples that I can learn from as I want to ensure I use the right method of doing this and not implement some bad practice from legacy code.

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Callback examples on audio track change?0