FLAC do not play randomly / intermittent
Star 
@devs, fyi; another crash fix been added to ffmpeg cvs => http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/cgi-bin....by=date ...you can see the code diffs here (link)) :lookaround:
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
yay! flac seems to be working fine after i updated mplayer.dll with those changes.

skipped through an entire album a few times and not one crash where previously it would fail every few files.

edit: mplayer.dll

if you can't compile it you can try the mplayer.dll link above. it's the current mplayer.dll code with the latest flac fix for ffmpeg that gamester17 picked up on.
committed this fix, along with another crash bug i discovered while playing flacs (probably effected all audio) today.

updated mplayer.dll is in cvs now (alternative player only - ie system/players/mplayer/mplayer.dll)

cheers,
jonathan

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

used above mplayer.dll and copied over existing system/players/mplayer/mplayer.dll. still plays only one flac then stops. after you press one of the controller keys, the xbox resets Sad
i assume you had "alternative player" switched on (settings->videos)??

yes i did have this option enabled and i double-checked the .dll was indeed in the correct directory.

i believe (on my xbox anyway) that flac playback is worse than ever. i cannot play any two consecutive flacs. xbmc stops responding right at the end of the first file.
flac playback now seems to work fine for me. not sure what i'd done wrong but after installing latest xbmc/mplayer (and some assistance from deltop), all is well :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
(caffreys @ feb. 23 2005,17:31 Wrote:flac playback now seems to work fine for me. not sure what i'd done wrong but after installing latest xbmc/mplayer (and some assistance from deltop), all is well  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
you may need to clean your udata and tdata.
flac support got problem again. i checked cvs, looks like latest flac.c check in occured problem. rollback to version 1.4 works fine, version 1.5 doesn't work.

the description of 1.5 check in said:

fixed: 1000l cola to ffmpeg dev who broke last fix for flac

i don't know what that mean, but it make flac unable to playback. somebody need to take a look at it.

thanks
yep have to agree it broke flac playback again.

looking at the code change before i compiled i had a sneaking suspicion that it would.

sorry elupus but it appears the ffmpeg dev did know what they were doing Wink

version 1.4 worked fine and fixed the problem.
hehe.. okey.. will revert it and have a look at it again.. still they didn't fix original problem. didn't really test after that commit

commited a new fix for the issue. hopefully should work completly now.

(elupus @ feb. 27 2005,12:06 Wrote:commited a new fix for the issue. hopefully should work completly now.
woot, the man elupus is back. so l33t  :lol:  and yes, i'm a fan of his   :lol: also, thanks for the fix, i just tested it.
lana lang

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FLAC do not play randomly / intermittent0