How to allow multiple users on Windows 10 to access Kodi 19.1?
I would like to allow a guest account on my HTPC to view Kodi with no restrictions.

I can't find assistance guiding me on the best/easiest way to do this.

Thanks in advance!
Settings> add a new Profiles (wiki)
You could create 2 separate profiles, with a main profile that includes a password, and a guest profile that has all access (which is a bit odd..)
Not sure this works as guest local logon won't have access to Kodi's appdata.  I think you need to run Kodi in portable mode and create shortcut for all users or one in each user's desktop with the -p switch.

scott s.
(2021-07-12, 22:49)Klojum Wrote: You could create 2 separate profiles, with a main profile that includes a password, and a guest profile that has all access (which is a bit odd..)

I just would like to allow a guest user to access Kodi for TV and recordings and so on without being able to view my personal browser settings and other private files.

I am still not clear on step by step to do this although I haven't had much time lately to devote to working on this.

I would have thought this would be a somewhat common concern.

Thanks for the responses and assistance.
Kodi is not a fortress. Any users, via profiles or otherwise, can get access to videos/music/files on the whole system by creating sources when they know how.

If you really don't want certain people to have access to your "other" files, this becomes an OS (Windows, Linux, Android, etc) user rights challenge. And that's beyond the realm of Kodi support.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to allow multiple users on Windows 10 to access Kodi 19.1?0