• 6(current)
WIP WinDash
@toyota12303 Is there a way I can email or pm you? I need more help on some scripts.
(2021-09-08, 22:56)toyota12303 Wrote: @jingletit Every emulator will have it's own set of arguments that you'll be able to pass to it so you'd have to look in to it and see what's compatible the emulator you use.

If I'm using EPSXE, to launch an image I could use something like:

C:\EPSXE\epsxe.exe -loadiso -f -nogui C:\Game\GameImage.iso

To make this work in the app.py, I could use subprocess to pass arguments to the executable the same way.

import os
import subprocess
emulator = "C:\EPSXE\epsxe.exe"
argument1 = "-loadiso"
argument2 = "-f"
argument3 = "-nogui"
image = "C:\Game\GameImage.iso"
subprocess.call([emulator, argument1, argument2, argument3, image])

@Yuri_TM Thank you!

It doesn't currently have an uninstaller as it's still early release, it has no effect on system files or anything and everything is contained inside the WinDash folder so to uninstall you can just simply delete the folder.

I'm pretty sure that's an issue with the way things are scaled within Kodi, I'll take a look in to it though and see if there's anything I can do to fix it.

@mufflerexoz Unfortunately as WinDash is based around Kodi, you won't be able to run both original Kodi and WinDash at the same time as they are the same executable.
Video library support probably will come eventually but I'm not too sure when.

@ctindell81 Thank you so much, I really appreciate it! 
The way that the UWP support works is that it will scan your Windows "shell:appsfolder", scan information of all the titles and then sort them in to folders. If for whatever reason Windows doesn't add in your installed content in to the apps folder then WinDash won't locate it. I'm not sure on how Windows manages the folder and I'm pretty sure you can't manually add things in to it yourself, it could just be that Windows will ignore things from other drives but I'll have to look in to it. 

You can manually check to see what's in your folder by going to start - run - "shell:appsfolder" - then hit run. It will open the directory that WinDash will scan.

Ahh that's weird, it should always install WinDash to the root of the OS hard drive and not where it's ran from, I'll look in to it.

@mosley93 Thank you! 
- I probably will make it open source eventually, once I'm happy with the way everything works, I'll start properly documenting it and making the code easier to read for other people.
- The core of WinDash and all of it's services are written in C#, it then integrates in with Kodi and there's a set of Python scripts that occasionally communicate things back to WinDash.
- I currently don't have any plans to work on other platforms as I don't have the spare time, I may do eventually though.
- I could impliment things from Kodi back in to WinDash, the features are still there, they're just not currently displayed to the user. I'll probably be adding in support for video libraries in the future. 

If I was to separate Kodi from WinDash completely so that they could run separately then it would require me tweaking and rebuilding the Kodi source code, compiling it and releasing it as a new version of WinDash.

@adas10 I will be back and working on WinDash again at some point. I have a lot of other things I'm working on and I'm currently away from home so will be unable to work on or post any updates for now. I have no plans to abandon the project completely and have a lot of things I want to impliment/improve in the future.

@bell-the-gaomon WinDash should automatically set your profile name and image based off your Windows settings. When you change your information in the Windows settings, it should change it inside WinDash as well. I will add in an option to change this manually in a future update.

also Images are distorted in the ps5 theme
Yep, those are due to some scaling issues in that I'm currently working on fixing in the game's icons and other images.

But so far here's all recent the features/changes I added:

1. Added the PS5's login screen interface. (Shoutout to Over Heat and Burcica for live particles background).

2. Added the PS Store's splash screen page. (Worked on the Explore screen page as well but is currently buggy at the moment so still wip).

3. Games splash screen page (improved the icon's square shape to be close to the original).

ImageImage

4. Added the TV & Video splash screen page. (Along with the other apps and their themed pages like Youtube, Hulu, Netflix...etc.)

ImageImage

5. Lastly, I added the settings page. (Which is still wip too.)

A lot of features need to be fix in order for it to be stable enough for a release. I know this is highly requested and will release soon.
Congratulations Vicerar for your work as the Ps5 Theme I thought the project was dead now I'm looking forward to launching the theme
Hi i got  this error when i open setup.exeImage I  already downloaded .NET Core.
GOG Integration for WinDash

Source

Executable
Hello there! how can i loop the Background Video? it repeats like a 3 times and then it keeps in Black screen
This looks like an incredible project, it completely solves the issue of picking an OS for me. Are you still actively developing it?

I'm surprised you didn't get more interest.
Hello, I had the same problem as you did where it complained about missing .NET. I was able to fix it by going to the Microsoft site https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download/dotnet/3.1 and installing ".NET Desktop Runtime 3.1.27"
Hi man, a while back I figured out a way to launch the tv version of YouTube on the pc, I have been using it daily for nearly 2.5 years and it doesn't have any issues. It uses a combination of CMD prompt, AutoHotKey and registry edits. I created a post detailing how to use it on other systems, the post can be found here. I was thinking that you would like to include it with your skin. It isn't gamepad friendly but with ahk, it could be made that way. I have some aditional scripts that it calls upon when used in my system that turns the 10 keys on a mce remote into t9 (believe that is what its called, the old method of texting buy cycling through letters on each number of a remote) along with hiding the system cursor, moving it to the bottom left hand corner and turning mouse movement off until chrome is closed as well as playing sounds upon button presses like transport control, navigation direction and text entry/deletion. Those parts are optional and not required to get the whole thing going. They just add to the whole experience.
↯ Ω ☿
If I've helped you, dont forget to give me 👍! Thank you and never stop rocking on! 🤘
Is this done?
(2021-11-24, 00:35)Vicerar Wrote: Yep, those are due to some scaling issues in that I'm currently working on fixing in the game's icons and other images.

But so far here's all recent the features/changes I added:

1. Added the PS5's login screen interface. (Shoutout to Over Heat and Burcica for live particles background).

2. Added the PS Store's splash screen page. (Worked on the Explore screen page as well but is currently buggy at the moment so still wip).

3. Games splash screen page (improved the icon's square shape to be close to the original).

ImageImage

4. Added the TV & Video splash screen page. (Along with the other apps and their themed pages like Youtube, Hulu, Netflix...etc.)

ImageImage

5. Lastly, I added the settings page. (Which is still wip too.)

A lot of features need to be fix in order for it to be stable enough for a release. I know this is highly requested and will release soon.
Is this complete?
There's the Problem I got on your Skin.
I got this Pop-Up saying "To Run this application, you must install .NET Core", when I click yes, it won't show which version should I Install.
I even installed the ZIP as well, can you please which .NET Core to install?
Lightbulb 
(2023-01-09, 13:49)Omegion Wrote: There's the Problem I got on your Skin.
I got this Pop-Up saying "To Run this application, you must install .NET Core", when I click yes, it won't show which version should I Install.
I even installed the ZIP as well, can you please which .NET Core to install?
I know this isn't the most helpful of comments/answers but my suggestion is to install them all and to g one step further and install every redistributable you can fin, all .net frameworks, all vcred from 2003-2022, both x86 and x64, as well as other somewhat obscure redist like physx, unreal redist  etc. They're small and take very little space on your drive and will eliminate these message boxes. It is one of the first things I do when I do a fresh install of windows. I keep a flash drive with UNetBootIn and all versions of Windows, hiren's boot cd, a live version of w10 and w11, rescue CDs, and a few linux distros along with a "Windows Post Install" folder that contains all apps I use, all reg tweaks and all redistributes that install using a Batch file (soon to be a powershell script though). I am a bit of a data hoarder and I know not everybody has the luxury of multi-hundreds of terabytes of space. So my other suggestion is to check out Chocolatey for windows. it is really simple to install, using only a single line of powershell code, once you do that, you can scroll through all the packages they offer and create a powershell script (.ps1) with a line for all the apps/redistributable, then run it with the permissions elevated and it will automatically download and install everything for you. Chocolatey is amazing and will fulfill your needs in acquiring all redistributables as well as the most up to date versions of all the most common apps you use (notepad++, vlc, and so many more). Like I said, I know it isn't a direct answer to your question but it will eliminate this issue ever coming up again.

Edit: If you want, I can upload my collection of redistributables to mega. they are up-to-date. Send me a message if this interests you.

Edit 2: Forget me uploading anything to Mega. After commenting, I started putting together a zip as well as seeking updated AIO (All-In-One) installers and then I found this. Which is great, but I wanted something more and so I started digging for AIO .net packs and found the holy grail of Redist installers HERE. It installs Up-To-Date versions of (nearly) EVERYTHING you could need for gaming: .net core 3 thru 7 (including the one that you error box is screaming about), all Visual C++ Redist, DirectX, XNA, as well as 7zip and a few others. It takes approx 7 minutes. You won't need anything from me unless you would like those obscure redistributables like F#, J#, UE4 (unreal engine 4), Nvidia Physx, old versions of .net (1.0-3.5) and a few others or if you just would like to have them all on hand, I can put together a zip and give you a Mega link. However, i believe that link I gave you is all you will need. It is as simple as downloading the .bat file from his git and running it. Do NOT run it as an admin and make sure you read everything in his GitHub page.

Side note, NEVER blindly run any kind of script, .ps1, .bat, .reg, .cmd, .vbs etc blindly without opening it with a text editor first and seeing what it is doing first. So if you choose to download the .bat, open with notepad first and check to see that it is doing what they claim it is. Even though I know it is safe, you need to ensure that it is yourself.

BTW, I am not trying to be preach-y towards you. It  isn't anything personal or like I think you are a dummy etc, I just want everybody to be safe, the internet is basically the wild wild west of the 21st century. There are dangers lurking around every corner and we can't be too vigilant.
↯ Ω ☿
If I've helped you, dont forget to give me 👍! Thank you and never stop rocking on! 🤘
No simple uninstall, filled my registry up with stuff. I had to manually go through everything. Regular kodi wont launch anymore now. I have to do an uninstall of that now, and my playercore file is gone. Awesome

Thanks a fucking lot.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WinDash0