Smart Playlist on Remote Console
I don't see an option for creating a "Smart Playlist" only a basic playlist from a remote (port 8080) console.  Any help appreciated.
(2021-07-14, 21:01)jhoggood Wrote: I don't see an option for creating a "Smart Playlist" only a basic playlist from a remote (port 8080) console.  Any help appreciated.

If by "remote console" you are referring to the web interface then no, there are no smart playlist related options there for creating or editing them.  This is due to the fact that it communicates with Kodi via the jsonrpc which only supports standard playlists.

You can use the browser (4th icon down on the very left) to access any smart playlists you may have already created and either browse or play their content - music playlists (including smart playlists) are at the very bottom of the list.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
You can also use an app like Yatse to make the equivalent of smart playlists on the app side of things. I find the UI for doing it on my tablet (or phone) far easier than on Kodi GUI with the TV remove, plus I can leave the TV off while I play music.
(2021-07-15, 17:19)black_eagle Wrote:
(2021-07-14, 21:01)jhoggood Wrote: I don't see an option for creating a "Smart Playlist" only a basic playlist from a remote (port 8080) console.  Any help appreciated.

If by "remote console" you are referring to the web interface then no, there are no smart playlist related options there for creating or editing them.  This is due to the fact that it communicates with Kodi via the jsonrpc which only supports standard playlists.

You can use the browser (4th icon down on the very left) to access any smart playlists you may have already created and either browse or play their content - music playlists (including smart playlists) are at the very bottom of the list.

Thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smart Playlist on Remote Console0