Why dont you implement recording when its perfectly viable, providers *cant* block it
I've seen a few posts from Kodi admins, and I cant accept that

- providers block it. No, its a transport stream, you can record it.
- its somehow copyrighted. How would the software know?
- its not supported by the API. Not exactly compelling

Can someone come clean about this?
Come clean about what? There is no conspiracy here which is what you are implying.

What do you want to record?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
This is about the IPTV client, i should have added that in.
(2021-07-15, 11:03)Karellen Wrote: Come clean about what? There is no conspiracy here which is what you are implying.

What do you want to record?

From the IPTV client.
There was/is a fork of it that records.  See https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=329991  It is however written in python2 and therefore not compatible with v19 onwards.  There may be a Matrix compatible version if you look through the thread for it.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Simply put we do don't want to bring unnecessary attention to Kodi from the media giants as allowing IP streams to be recorded could facilitate piracy.
The work-round would be an external player that has this capability.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why dont you implement recording when its perfectly viable, providers *cant* block it0