Solved Kodi DVBViewer PVR Add-On restricts viewing to just one Kodi seat at a time??
Kodi DVBViewer PVR Add-On restricts viewing to just one Kodi seat at a time

I have both DVBViewer Pro and DVBViewer Media Server (DMS) running on a headless “always on” PC. The DMS media source is a Digital Devices Octopus NET SL M4 with four satellite tuners.
I want to use Kodi with the DVBViewer Client PVR Add-on in multiple rooms, but I can only watch TV on one Kodi at a time?
If I use DVBViewerPro as the media player in both rooms, then I can watch different channels in each room no problem, (obviously this ties up two Octopus tuners).
I can also watch one satellite channel using Kodi and watch a different channel using DVBViewer on another client simultaneously too.
But I cannot watch two satellite channels simultaneously (even if it is the same channel) using Kodi!
I get the message “One or more items failed to play. Check the log for more information  about this message”

When I check the log I can see errors such as;-
ERROR <general>: CVideoPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [pvr://channels/tv/All%20channels/pvr.dvbviewer_43.pvr]
I guess this must be a Kodi PVR Add-On problem (as two channels can be watched on two clients at the same time using DVBViewer), which rules out the DMS and Octopus.
What am I doing wrong? As with 4 satellite tuner cards, I would expect to be able to watch four channels on four Kodi clients at the same time?
(2021-07-15, 17:15)Edit Bear Wrote: Kodi DVBViewer PVR Add-On restricts viewing to just one Kodi seat at a time

My logs are here;-
https://paste.kodi.tv/vumayiputi
maybe epg update at same time?
(2021-07-15, 18:56)skybird1980 Wrote: maybe epg update at same time?

I'm not sure the EPG is relevant, but I do get an EPG on both Kodi seats, just whichever is the second Kodi to play any satellite channel fails to play the stream.
Any ideas anyone please?
I have also posted this problem in the DVBViewer forum https://www.dvbviewer.tv/forum/topic/653...r-per-dms/
(2021-07-15, 17:15)Edit Bear Wrote: Kodi DVBViewer PVR Add-On restricts viewing to just one Kodi seat at a time

I have both DVBViewer Pro and DVBViewer Media Server (DMS) running on a headless “always on” PC. The DMS media source is a Digital Devices Octopus NET SL M4 with four satellite tuners.
I want to use Kodi with the DVBViewer Client PVR Add-on in multiple rooms, but I can only watch TV on one Kodi at a time?
If I use DVBViewerPro as the media player in both rooms, then I can watch different channels in each room no problem, (obviously this ties up two Octopus tuners).
I can also watch one satellite channel using Kodi and watch a different channel using DVBViewer on another client simultaneously too.
But I cannot watch two satellite channels simultaneously (even if it is the same channel) using Kodi!
I get the message “One or more items failed to play. Check the log for more information  about this message”

When I check the log I can see errors such as;-
ERROR <general>: CVideoPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [pvr://channels/tv/All%20channels/pvr.dvbviewer_43.pvr]
I guess this must be a Kodi PVR Add-On problem (as two channels can be watched on two clients at the same time using DVBViewer), which rules out the DMS and Octopus.
What am I doing wrong? As with 4 satellite tuner cards, I would expect to be able to watch four channels on four Kodi clients at the same time?

PROBLEM Solved!

Thank you @Griga for your help, but in the end the solution was simple (as it usually is).

I came to Kodi from MediaPortal - this coloured my thinking.

In Mediaportal, the Timeshift folder is set by the TV server software and is COMMON to ALL Tuners and ALL Clients.

With this in mind, I made a Timeshift folder on the headless computer running the DMS software.

I then set each Kodi client to use this common folder - THIS WAS MY BIG MISTAKE!

When I made a separate Timeshift folder on each individual Client computer - the problem went away! - I can watch TV on many Kodi at at time now!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DVBViewer PVR Add-On restricts viewing to just one Kodi seat at a time??0