v19 MyScopeNox - A mod of ScopeNox - Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH)
Github: https://github.com/pfp-az/MyScopeNox
Latest general release: https://github.com/pfp-az/MyScopeNox/arc...v1.3.1.zip
While the skin may work on other versions it has only been tested on Matrix.

About six years ago I found a fantastic skin called ScopeNox by Funkdhttps://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=229199
This skin was exactly what I needed for use with my projector and 2.35 screen and it has served me well all these years.  I would suggest to check out that thread to learn more about this skin and when it is needed as I'm not going to get into any of that.

Krypton was the last version of Kodi I was using but this year I decided to replace my hardware as well upgrade Kodi to Matrix.  The only problem was that ScopeNox was no longer being regularly updated and would not even install on Matrix.  I noticed on the skin thread at least one other person with the same problem installing on Matrix.  It was a fairly easy fix that we both figured out with a little bit of form surfing.  At the same time there were a couple other posts requesting assistance tweaking this or that.  I had my own list of things that I wanted to fix so I figured I'd give it a shot.

Let me start by saying that I went into this knowing next to nothing about Kodi skins but I do have some coding background.  It was slow progress but I managed to make a couple of modifications to the ScopeNox code, almost always to fix something.  I'd never really used Github but it was clear almost immediately that I'd need to fork the ScopeNox repository in order to keep track of my changes.  With each small change I got a little more proficient and would want to take on more complicated changes.  Eventually I was no longer just fixing broken things but changing the look of various elements too.  As I was working I sometimes found it necessary to completely reorganize the code on some pages that I was modding just so I could make sense of them.  Additionally, I had practically taken over the ScopeNox thread.  It was never my intent to hijack ScopeNox but it was looking more and more like this was the result.  That is when I realized I needed to make my own mod using ScopeNox as the base, and being super creative I decided to name it MyScopeNox

This skin is primarily for me and it's the only skin I use.  I'm making it public because I know there are number of people that need a scope skin like this.  I started with a fork of ScopeNox by Funkd and then went to work making changes.   At the time of this writing the majority of these changes can be seen on the video details screen.  A lot of influence for the changes I've made, or will be making, come from Aeon Nox: Silvo, Aeon Tajo, and Amber.  As script.extendedinfo is not compatible with Matrix I'm in the process of replacing it with Embuary Info and TheMoveDB Helper.

It's possible I'm wrong on this but I'm of the opinion that most people with a projector and a 2.35 or 2.40 screen are using it almost exclusively for movies.  This is definitely the case for me.  For this reason my focus is mostly on screens that are used for movies or needed to operate such as home or settings.  While it's not high on my list I will also spend some time on TV shows (not live) simply because they are similar to movies and share many of the same skin elements.  Areas like games, pictures, music, weather, concerts, & apps are not likely to get a lot of attention from me.  For those areas whatever mods Funkd made with the original ScopeNox will likely have to do.  I am definitely open to suggestions even on areas other than movies but can make no guarantees on implementing them.

If you decide to try it and run into any issues please let me know and I'll see what I can do to get them resolved.  

Screen Shots:

I prefer the icon view and like nature backgrounds

And a 16:9 movie
My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

If you have been using ScopeNox already and want to give this a try you can copy all your skin settings so that you don't have to recreate them.  This is easiest to do before installing and switching to the new skin.   

Copy your settings.xml file from the old skin folder under userdata\addon_data\<skin folder>
The old skin folder could have couple different names depending on what version you were on.

Now create a new folder in userdata\addon_data\ and call it skin.my.scope.nox
Paste the settings.xml file you copied into userdata\addon_data\skin.my.scope.nox

Now when you install the skin it will find your previous setting and load them.
Reserved #1
Reserved #2
Great!  And you work has been outstanding so far.  I really appreciate the effort.

I would like to say that I watch a lot of movies but also a lot of premium TV series mostly from HBO, Showtime...  I'd love it if you can get that section looking as good as the movies section.

Thanks again!
craigr
I've updated the link at the top of the first post with the most recent build.   The notable change with this build is that the Embuary info screen for people is now filled out and no longer just a placeholder.   Hopefully I can get the screen for videos completed and posted in the next couple of days.

I've updated the link at the top of the first post with the most recent build.   The notable change with this build is that the Embuary info screen for videos is now filled out and no longer just a placeholder.   Additionally the full screen Embruary image view is now done.  

I added the pillarbars to prevent projectors with an auto zoom function from doing so while displaying fanart.

The image viewer works for cast and crew image galleries too.

It's worth pointing out that you need to get your own free API key and enter it on the Embuary Info setup screen in order to fetch and view IMDB, Rotten Tomatoes, and Metacritic ratings.
This is looking really awesome.  I got to check out your newest build as of the 19th and really like what you are doing.  I'm out of town for a few weeks so I won't be able to see any of your more recent changes until then, but I will be prepared to be pleasantly surprised ;-)

Thanks again for all this!
craigr
Great stuff, thank you! I love that you can turn the mask on and off within the video OSD as well as switch OSD from 21:9 to 16:9 in there on the fly. I might have to try my hand at bringing over MyFlix view and whatever the Aeon Nox Sylvio view I use for TV shows is (can't remember right now), although I don't really know what I'm doing.
@pfp-az

An observation: I see that in your screenshots most of your 21:9 videos are centered vertically, so that you have some black bars both above and under the video display.

Lots of Kodi devices (not all of them, though) can use Vertical Shift to move the video display to the top of a 16:9 (projector) screen. I use it with certain videos, Netflix has a ton of those, where I use Vertical Shift to have just one big black bar at the bottom of the screen where I can have and read subtitles very comfortably.

If you use Vertical Shift with 21:9, you also won't have to fully roll out the projector screen when it's a roll-able one. One thing that you would have to do is also align the 21:9 skin vertically to the top of the screen as well, and perhaps make that optional in the skin's settings. Just my two cents.
(2021-07-27, 03:20)jubilex Wrote: Great stuff, thank you! I love that you can turn the mask on and off within the video OSD as well as switch OSD from 21:9 to 16:9 in there on the fly. 

This is a nice feature and especially helpful for those movies that change aspect ratio.  It's something that Funkd added in the original ScopeNox skin.
Issue for me with 1.3.1: When using List view for movies, both arrow directions (left and right) pop up the menu (view type, sort and filter, etc), meaning neither direction gives me control of the list slider so that I can scroll through much more rapidly by pages.
Thank you for letting me know.  This is not a page I have gotten to yet but should be soon.  I'll be sure to look into this when I do.
(2021-08-02, 15:29)pfp-az Wrote: Thank you for letting me know.  This is not a page I have gotten to yet but should be soon.  I'll be sure to look into this when I do.

Thanks so much for all your work!
With version 1.4x I finally feel confident enough to tackle something BIG that I've wanted to change for a while... I'm updating the background images on nearly all pages.  This is a fairly slow process but I finally feel like I've gotten to a point where I can share what I've done so far.  The screens I've changed are generally considered finished although some tweaks may still be needed (LibreELEC settings, I'm looking at you).  There are still a lot of screens left to do so I'm only posting the link here since this is still considered a work in progress and not a general release.  https://github.com/pfp-az/MyScopeNox/arc...v1.4.2.zip

Note the background bar at the bottom of the next two screenshots will be removed later.

These screenshots showing the LibreELEC settings are from a slightly older build

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MyScopeNox - A mod of ScopeNox - Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH)0