• 8(current)
Kodi from Debian - Support Thread
Sorry I am new to debian 11 running on a NUC. Got Kodi 19.1 running nicely. Then Synaptic starts unwillingly to update to Kodi version 19.5 and that was the end of Kodi. Just error then Synaptic is complaining about defected packages. A total mesh voor a beginner. So start removing leftovers from kodi. When I try to install kodi again 19.5 I run in errors of needed libs that can not be replaced with higher versions. Well any help over there, perhabs installing version Kodi 20? Thanks Tonbor
Errors in Dutch
Pakketlijsten worden ingelezen... Klaar
Boom van vereisten wordt opgebouwd... Klaar
De statusinformatie wordt gelezen... Klaar 
Sommige pakketten konden niet geïnstalleerd worden. Dit kan betekenen
dat u om een onmogelijke situatie gevraagd heeft, of, indien u
de distributie 'unstable' gebruikt, dat sommige benodigde pakketten nog gemaakt moeten worden of uit 'Incoming' verwijderd werden.
De volgende informatie kan misschien helpen de situatie op te lossen:

De volgende pakketten hebben niet-voldane vereisten:
 kodi-bin : Vereisten: libc6 (>= 2.35) maar 2.31-13+deb11u5 zal geïnstalleerd worden
            Vereisten: libfmt9 (>= 9.1.0+ds1) maar het is niet installeerbaar
            Vereisten: libgnutls30 (>= 3.7.5) maar 3.7.1-5+deb11u2 zal geïnstalleerd worden
            Vereisten: libmysqlclient21 (>= 8.0.11) maar het is niet installeerbaar
            Vereisten: libpython3.10 (>= 3.10.0) maar het is niet installeerbaar
            Vereisten: libssl3 (>= 3.0.0) maar het is niet installeerbaar
            Vereisten: libstdc++6 (>= 12.2.0-9ubuntu1) maar 10.2.1-6 zal geïnstalleerd worden
            Vereisten: libwayland-client++1 (>= 1.0.0) maar het is niet installeerbaar
            Vereisten: libwayland-cursor++1 (>= 1.0.0) maar het is niet installeerbaar
            Vereisten: libwayland-egl++1 (>= 1.0.0) maar het is niet installeerbaar
E: Kan problemen niet verhelpen, u houdt defecte pakketten vast.
and latest:
rob@NUC5-Rob:~$ dpkg -l | grep kodi
ii  kodi-addons-dev-common                 2:19.1+dfsg2-2+deb11u1            all          Open Source Home Theatre (architecture-independent addon development package)
rob@NUC5-Rob:~$ apt-cache policy kodi*
N: Kan pakket kodi-backup_012123-1432.tar.xz niet vinden
N: Kon geen enkel pakket vinden via expansie (glob) 'kodi-backup_012123-1432.tar.xz'
N: Kon geen enkel pakket vinden via regex 'kodi-backup_012123-1432.tar.xz'
N: Kan pakket kodi_crashlog-20230208_162401.log niet vinden
N: Kon geen enkel pakket vinden via expansie (glob) 'kodi_crashlog-20230208_162401.log'
N: Kon geen enkel pakket vinden via regex 'kodi_crashlog-20230208_162401.log'
N: Kan pakket kodi_crashlog-20230208_162439.log niet vinden
N: Kon geen enkel pakket vinden via expansie (glob) 'kodi_crashlog-20230208_162439.log'
N: Kon geen enkel pakket vinden via regex 'kodi_crashlog-20230208_162439.log'
@tonbor snippets of logs are a lot less useful than you think. Especially if you are going to post them in the original Dutch. We are an English language forum only so please:

Change your system language to English before producing logs for support and use https://paste.kodi.tv/ to paste your log output and provide the link in this thread, do not post directly please.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
the problem is that you are on debian and somehow youve put sources for packages from ubuntu - see where its trying to install a ubuntu package - libstdc++6 (>= 12.2.0-9ubuntu1)

follow the debian instructions here - https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_for_Linux

see the big red box that reads:

Code:
Releases from Team Kodi PPA are NOT compatible with Debian GNU / Linux and distributions built on top of Debian's binary package repositories! Please refer to Debian section of this page for installation instructions on such distributions!

this is a sources issue, if cross distro packages have already been installed its going to be a pain trying to correct everything
"this is a sources issue, if cross distro packages have already been installed its going to be a pain trying to correct everything,"

Well I leave debian 11 and move over and install Ubuntu. Hope Kodi have more mercy there
(2023-02-10, 16:36)tonbor Wrote: "this is a sources issue, if cross distro packages have already been installed its going to be a pain trying to correct everything,"

Well I leave debian 11 and move over and install Ubuntu. Hope Kodi have more mercy there
if your goal is to have a kodi linux box instead of having kodi installed on your linux box (the 2nd implying youre already on a linux) then maybe libreelec is a good option

theyve already done all the work of making a fully working kodi linux os https://libreelec.tv
No my goal is replacing my raspberry by a second hand nuc, more power more space for less money. So I was used to debian with raspberry. Thats why I choose debian 11. But thst was not a go9d choice. Installed Ubuntu, got Kodi installed and working in 2 minutes. Now mosquitto, zigbee and domoticz or HA. Thanks Rob
I would like to install the itvhub addon, but, despite the kodi-inputstream-adaptive package being installed, the dependency on inputstream.adaptive for itvhub is not met. What am I doing wrong? Happy to post logs (to the appropriate place) if you can tell me what you need.
(2023-02-15, 22:17)pmrtvcom Wrote: I would like to install the itvhub addon, but, despite the kodi-inputstream-adaptive package being installed, the dependency on inputstream.adaptive for itvhub is not met. What am I doing wrong? Happy to post logs (to the appropriate place) if you can tell me what you need.

im going to assume debian 11 bullseye stable branch since you didnt specify

is adaptive version provided by bullseye - 2.6.14+ds1
is adaptive version needed by itvhub >= 19.0.5 - see https://github.com/dimkroon/itvhub-for-k.../addon.xml

so you may have to install from deb-multimedia instead as it provides is adaptive version 19.0.7

see https://debian.pkgs.org/11/debian-main-a...4.deb.html

scroll down to alternatives
Thanks - nicely resolved. Plenty more I'd like kodi to do but a few problems with things that plain don't work (at OS level) need solving first.
(2023-02-16, 17:13)pmrtvcom Wrote: Thanks - nicely resolved. Plenty more I'd like kodi to do but a few problems with things that plain don't work (at OS level) need solving first.
right on

i dont think anyone here will tell you theres a limit to how many questions you can ask

happy to help
I wnated to try your testbuild on my Raspberry Pi 4 running debian.

Is it worng to run this command, because it is telling the packages are not found:
Code:
apt-get install {kodi,kodi-bin,kodi-data,kodi-repository-kodi,libspdlog1}/bookworm
(2023-02-23, 09:48)dudi83 Wrote: I wnated to try your testbuild on my Raspberry Pi 4 running debian.

Is it worng to run this command, because it is telling the packages are not found:
Code:
apt-get install {kodi,kodi-bin,kodi-data,kodi-repository-kodi,libspdlog1}/bookworm

or would this be the right way:
Code:
wget -c http://ftp.ch.debian.org/debian/pool/mai..._armhf.deb
sudo apt install ./kodi_20.0+dfsg-1_armhf.deb
The proper way on bookworm is plain

shell:
sudo apt install kodi
Maintainer of Kodi from Debian | Got an issue with Kodi from Debian? Report it here: Kodi from Debian - Support Thread
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi from Debian - Support Thread0