• 4(current)
Kodi from Debian - Support Thread
(2022-01-05, 16:46)DarrenHill Wrote: @BadChibi - I've merged your post into the Linux Debian support thread, as it's a more appropriate place for it (and this ping is just so you can find it again).
The Pi section is more for Pi-specific issues on dedicated distributions like LibreElec, OSMC and RaspiOS.

Hopefully @basilgello , our Debian support expert can give some inputs or advice.

Thank you !
(2021-07-17, 22:18)basilgello Wrote: For Debian 10 "buster":

* If you used my unofficial repository for Debian buster, please check the link again and follow the migration howto!

* To install Kodi from buster-backports cleanly (if no unofficial repo was used), execute the following command in root terminal or shell:

apt-get install {kodi,kodi-bin,kodi-data,kodi-repository-kodi,libspdlog1}/buster-backports

Hello, I try your tutorial, is OK for the script on Github, but one I run the second command for install Kodi, I have this errors :
Code:
sudo apt-get install {kodi,kodi-bin,kodi-data,kodi-repository-kodi,libspdlog1}/buster-backports
Lecture des listes de paquets... Fait
Construction de l'arbre des dépendances       
Lecture des informations d'état... Fait
E: La version « buster-backports » de « kodi » est introuvable
E: La version « buster-backports » de « kodi-bin » est introuvable
E: La version « buster-backports » de « kodi-data » est introuvable
E: La version « buster-backports » de « kodi-repository-kodi » est introuvable
E: Impossible de trouver le paquet libspdlog1
I don't know if this goes here, or in the main Linux support thread, but I'm starting here as I think it is probably a Debian package, somewhere, causing the problem. For the last few weeks, Kodi crashes every time I scan for library updates, and most times when stopping live TV (mythtv pvr) Log file is here:
https://paste.kodi.tv/elacijupez.kodi

I'm presuming that the problem is related to a python upgrade somewhere, but I can't figure out which one. I have changed skin to check if it still happens, so it is definitely not a skin problem.

Any ideas?
(2022-02-12, 20:19)TheJezstarr Wrote: I don't know if this goes here, or in the main Linux support thread, but I'm starting here as I think it is probably a Debian package, somewhere, causing the problem. For the last few weeks, Kodi crashes every time I scan for library updates, and most times when stopping live TV (mythtv pvr) Log file is here:
https://paste.kodi.tv/elacijupez.kodi

I'm presuming that the problem is related to a python upgrade somewhere, but I can't figure out which one. I have changed skin to check if it still happens, so it is definitely not a skin problem.

Any ideas?
Update: Seems to be linked to embuary-info plugin, so not core kodi related.
Hello!

I tried running in Debian 11.2 (32 bit) on an old netbook with an Intel Atom N270 CPU. It didn't work, which is fine, but was a bit curious as to why. For some reason I just enjoy keeping this machine alive.

`va_openDriver() returns -1` and then segmentation fault. The log: "failed to create EGL context".

The integrated GPU only supports OpenGL 1.4, so my guess is 2.0 is a hard requirement?

Kodi 17 for Debian ran very well on Ubuntu 18.04.
(2022-01-05, 16:46)DarrenHill Wrote: Hopefully @basilgello , our Debian support expert can give some inputs or advice.

He hasn't been on the forum since 18 December last year... Sad
(2022-03-05, 14:47)Klojum Wrote:
(2022-01-05, 16:46)DarrenHill Wrote: Hopefully @basilgello , our Debian support expert can give some inputs or advice.

He hasn't been on the forum since 18 December last year... Sad
I haven't been here, but I was active on Debian bugs otherwise Smile

COVID + move from Ukraine = delays. I need to build 19.4 this week and then I'll solve other issues step-by-step.
Maintainer of Kodi from Debian | Got an issue with Kodi from Debian? Report it here: Kodi from Debian - Support Thread
(2022-03-05, 13:22)hungry person Wrote: Hello!

I tried running in Debian 11.2 (32 bit) on an old netbook with an Intel Atom N270 CPU. It didn't work, which is fine, but was a bit curious as to why. For some reason I just enjoy keeping this machine alive.

`va_openDriver() returns -1` and then segmentation fault. The log: "failed to create EGL context".

The integrated GPU only supports OpenGL 1.4, so my guess is 2.0 is a hard requirement?

Was it you who filed this Debian bug: bugs.debian.org/1006656 ?

If not, show the output of "glxinfo" and "vainfo".
Maintainer of Kodi from Debian | Got an issue with Kodi from Debian? Report it here: Kodi from Debian - Support Thread
(2022-03-10, 00:00)basilgello Wrote: COVID + move from Ukraine = delays.

Dayum... You sure know how to pick them. Hope all things are going better for you + family now.
Hello, good evening, I haven't been in the world of Linux for a long time... a few days ago I used Ubuntu 20.04, until I changed to Debian 11. My problem arises when I want to install the Kodi Leia version, since it allows me to use the addons that they are not yet available for the Matrix version. Is there a way to install this version? Thank you very much...

Hola buenas noches, llevo poco en el mundo de Linux... hace unos días usaba Ubuntu 20.04, hasta que me cambie a debían 11. Mi problema surge al querer instalar la versión de kodi leia, ya que ella me permite utilizar los addon que aún no están disponible para la versión de Matrix. ¿Existe alguna manera de instalar esta versión? Muchas Gracias...
(2022-04-19, 01:15)hueverin Wrote: Hello, good evening, I haven't been in the world of Linux for a long time... a few days ago I used Ubuntu 20.04, until I changed to Debian 11. My problem arises when I want to install the Kodi Leia version, since it allows me to use the addons that they are not yet available for the Matrix version. Is there a way to install this version? Thank you very much...

Hola buenas noches, llevo poco en el mundo de Linux... hace unos días usaba Ubuntu 20.04, hasta que me cambie a debían 11. Mi problema surge al querer instalar la versión de kodi leia, ya que ella me permite utilizar los addon que aún no están disponible para la versión de Matrix. ¿Existe alguna manera de instalar esta versión? Muchas Gracias...
Hola! Smile

In order to run 18.9 on bullseye I must build it for you (adding several CVE fixes as well). I can try doing it tonight, but I am not 100% sure it builds without additional legwork on backporting patches from Matrix.
(2022-03-10, 00:03)basilgello Wrote:
(2022-03-05, 13:22)hungry person Wrote: Hello!

Was it you who filed this Debian bug: bugs.debian.org/1006656 ?

If not, show the output of "glxinfo" and "vainfo".
Sorry for the late reply. Here I was waiting for one, and now it turns out I was never subscribed to the thread...

vainfo:

error: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set in the environment.
libva info: VA-API version 1.10.0
libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/i915_drv_video.so
libva info: va_openDriver() returns -1
vaInitialize failed with error code -1 (unknown libva error),exit

glxinfo: https://paste.kodi.tv/afefabuyig

I wouldn't mind just running Kodi 17 for Debian on Debian 11 if there's a way.
Is 19.4 in bullseye-backports? I'm new to running Kodi on Debian, so I may be missing something, but when I do the following I see 19.1, not 19.4:

In /etc/apt/sources.list: deb https://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye-backports main
# apt update
# apt-get -V install -t bullseye-backports kodi
The following NEW packages will be installed:
   kodi (2:19.1+dfsg2-2+deb11u1)
(2022-05-05, 23:58)thromer Wrote: Is 19.4 in bullseye-backports? I'm new to running Kodi on Debian, so I may be missing something, but when I do the following I see 19.1, not 19.4

We (me and Mattia "mapreri" Rizzolo from Debian Front-Desk Team) uploaded 19.4 8 days ago to bullseye-backports but it got deferred.
Hopefully, it gets into backports tomorrow or by Monday.
(2022-05-03, 15:04)hungry person Wrote: Sorry for the late reply. Here I was waiting for one, and now it turns out I was never subscribed to the thread...
Looks like i965 is to replace i915 but I am not sure and thus I will need some tests from you.
Please drop me a DM or email so we can arrange the next steps!
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi from Debian - Support Thread0