v19 solved : Musicvideos doubled items in GUI
Hi, i have cam across a strange situation.

I cannot track down when it gets trigered.

System /OS - Kodi version
txt:

Kodi (19.1 (19.1.0) Git:20210508-85e05228b4). Platform: Windows NT x86 64-bit - Using Release Kodi x64  ( Kodi compiled 2021-05-08 by MSVC 191627034 for Windows NT x86 64-bit version 10.0  )
Running on Windows 10 2004 (kernel: Windows NT x86 64-bit version 10.0.19041.1110 )

When i did a libryary scan for Musicvideos, KODI show duplicate of most items in the library
JUST IF IAM AM IN
MusicVideoArtists videodb://musicvideos/artists/**

, BUT in there No matter if i am in
artist/album id or artist/-1/ paths.

IT IS A FRESH INSTALL, WITHOUTR ANY PORTING LIBRARY FROM A PREVIOUS KODI VERSION. USING PORTABLE MODE.

The filesystemstructure is : musicvideos/artist - Title/artist - title.ext
Scrapper : audio db for musicvideos (use foldernames for lookups = true , recursive scan = true)
 ( just nfo scraping had same results )

On LEIA all is fine and working perfect.

The issue only occurs in latest MATRIX Version.

I also checked the

MyVideos119.db , but the entrys are all fine. Without any duplicates.

The strange thing is, i did a test with a smaller library (3 artists, ca 20 videos, same filestrucure)
and i did not get the issue with double entrys.

So i am bit lost how to solve it or where to look at.

So i would appreciate anyone which is willing take time for take  alook , test and may confirm its really a bug...
Skins |  Titan M O D   •   S W A N (WIP)
I noticed this same behaviour when adding some music video's in Matrix over the past couple of days. I'm pretty sure when I exited Kodi and then re-started, the problem went away and was then only showing 1 entry.

So, you're not alone in seeing this. I also noticed something else. Metadata for album plot/review is empty for the 'Icon Wall' view in Estuary, but appears fine in other music vid views (apart from Wall view). Maybe you could do a quick test of that as well in Estuary, as you're probably using your own skin mod I guess at the moment?

Also, if I tried updating Metadata for album info using the metadata editor, completely the wrong album info appears. Seemed to be pulling album info from the music library. I guess that might be a problem with the metadata editor addon, rather than something wrong with Kodi itself, but would be good to see if somebody experiences the same thing.
Sadly, a restart does'nt resolve the issue.

i checked in window(music) and window(videos).

first i thought the list is filled by music and videodb pathss at same time and therefore show the duplicates ,but the 'list.item paths/.containerpaths' are idendically in booth windows (videos|music) when browsing musicvideos/artists/
.( videodb://musivideos/artists )

as sidenote , naturally the clones share the same 'info labes' like the original .
Ahh, that's shame that didn't work.... Sad
I have plenty of music video's not added to Kodi yet. I will try adding some more tomorrow to see if I can replicate it happening again.
I know for sure on at least one of vids I witnessed this behaviour was after I did a manual refresh from info dialog that resulted in a duplicate being created.
Will keep you posted on anything new I come across.
Cheers
Maybe try looking at the "files" table, sort by strFilename and work backwards from there.

scott s.
ok. unsure what' causing it. it never occured now on several tests with a fresh install and or musicsource deletion and and re-add...
thanks anyway and sorry for wasting someones time.

EDIT: It seems it occurs when try to update within the files mode via context menu (unsure, but thats the only thing i did recently after having the correct "undoubled" entrys) After i did force update the library for the source via contextmenu  "scan for new content" the issue apears again, but not for all items.Thats why i overlooked it.

Will do again some tests  tomorrow or later on... :-(
(2021-07-19, 02:16)scott967 Wrote: Maybe try looking at the "files" table, sort by strFilename and work backwards from there.

scott s.

i'll take a look.thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
solved : Musicvideos doubled items in GUI0