Changing the EPG when the time bar moves
Sometimes I exit a show and it takes me back to the last spot which is the TV Guide/EPG (Simple IPTV with Pluto TV). Many times I just leave it up. The guide has a bar that moves with time to show you where the guide is with respect to the current time. When it gets to the next page or the page after that the bar keeps going but the screen doesn't switch to the next page of the guide. I'm just wondering if it is the skin (Ectusary), if it's the OS (LibreElec 10 running on a 3 Pi +), if it's a setting or if just doesn't move the page along with the time bar.
I don't think it moves during inactivity, pressing the "0" key will always get you back to the current time though.
Is this what the following setting is for? (I don't know myself...)

My Addons > PVR Clients > IPTV Simple > Settings > General > Refresh > Auto Refresh Mode >

and then there are 3 choices: Disabled / Repeated Refresh / Once Per Day
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2021-07-20, 00:30)jmh2002 Wrote: Is this what the following setting is for? (I don't know myself...)

My Addons > PVR Clients > IPTV Simple > Settings > General > Refresh > Auto Refresh Mode >

Tested the above setting and it seems to work for me. If set on Repeated Refresh you can set the Refresh Interval anywhere from 10min to 120min.

Something to note though is that some of the IPTV addons don't supply a lot of advance EPG data so the addon itself (Pluto) needs to refresh regularly to import again.

I'm not sure which Pluto TV addon you are using but here are some posts discussing that issue:

from Lunatixz: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3034731

from MattHuisman: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3034731

Hop this helps Nod
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
(2021-07-20, 00:30)jmh2002 Wrote: Is this what the following setting is for? (I don't know myself...)

I was wondering this myself. I thought it was to update the guide data but I'm not sure. I had to turn it off since it would cause Kodi to freeze every so often.
(2021-07-19, 23:02)FXB78 Wrote: I don't think it moves during inactivity, pressing the "0" key will always get you back to the current time though.

Thanks for this as it's better than doing it manually.
It is not just pvr.iptvsimple I did some a test and the EPG doesn't change based on time.  This is not necessarily an issue since a user can move the guide to a show a past or future time and you wouldn't want the guide anchored to the current time.

Martin
(2021-07-20, 14:48)emveepee Wrote: It is not just pvr.iptvsimple I did some a test and the EPG doesn't change based on time.  This is not necessarily an issue since a user can move the guide to a show a past or future time and you wouldn't want the guide anchored to the current time.

Martin

Sometimes it's easy to get a bit lost when the guide moves way off like when you turn off the TV with the guide up. Hitting the zero squares me up.
I'm not sure if maybe I have misunderstood, but this all works for me as I expect it to based on what I wrote above. The EPG advances, as does the current time indicator.

Here are a few screenshots over 1.5 hours. I didn't interact with Kodi during this time period except to take the screenshots.

Not sure if this is also Skin dependant. I'm using Xonfluence and the OP is on Estuary.

You would need to wait until after 16:30 to see if the page changes so you see 17:00

Martin
(2021-07-21, 10:03)emveepee Wrote: You would need to wait until after 16:30 to see if the page changes so you see 17:00

Martin

The page is already advancing every 10mins (configurable in IPTV Simple settings).

And in the series of screenshots you can see the end time moving from 1500 to 1630 (current time from 1200 to 1330).

I would have only needed to wait another 30mins until 1400 current time to see 1700 at the end.

For me it's working as expected.
Sorry I didn't know the pvr.iptvsimple had an advance guide option and I wasn't paying attention to the screen shots because it is not Estuary.  My EPG does not advance like that.  I was testing on CE 19 with the Estuary skin. 

Martin
(2021-07-21, 14:51)emveepee Wrote: Sorry I didn't know the pvr.iptvsimple had an advance guide option and I wasn't paying attention to the screen shots because it is not Estuary.  My EPG does not advance like that.  I was testing on CE 19 with the Estuary skin. 

I posted about this setting above. I don't think it matters which skin you are using.
- Firstly you need to ensure that the EPG data is being imported often enough by whatever addon is being used for that (also see my posts above)
- Then you need to set IPTV Simple to actually refresh the EPG window regularly. This is only really an issue if the EPG window is left open for long periods.

(2021-07-20, 00:30)jmh2002 Wrote: My Addons > PVR Clients > IPTV Simple > Settings > General > Refresh > Auto Refresh Mode >

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changing the EPG when the time bar moves0