Solved Finnish translation error in msgctxt #555
Hi,

In PVR -> Recordings wrong translation is used to tell time of recording in finnish translation. It is also used in channels list to tell start time of show.

For my knowledge this line is also used in audio tracks and for those this translation is correct to tell duration of track but for PVR recordings and channels correct translation is "Aika". Any suggestions how to fix this?

msgctxt "#555"
msgid "Time"
msgstr "Kesto"

Hi @-Dis

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I have no idea how to solve that.
Currently the exact same string is used in all places.
The only suggestion would be to create two different strings with the same ("Time") English source.
In Estuary $LOCALIZE[555] is only used for PVR (the places you mention).

For music songs, Estuary use
xml:
msgctxt "#180"
msgid "Duration"
msgstr ""
(2021-07-23, 12:53)Gade Wrote: Can you point to where in audio tracks this is used?
In Estuary $LOCALIZE[555] is only used for PVR (the places you mention).
That was just guess because previous and next translations are related to audio tracks. I don't have any mp3's to test. If it is only used in PVR then translation would be "Aika".

xml:
msgctxt "#554"
msgid "Track"
msgstr "Raita"

msgctxt "#555"
msgid "Time"
msgstr "Kesto"

msgctxt "#556"
msgid "Title"
msgstr "Nimi"

msgctxt "#557"
msgid "Artist"
msgstr "Esittäjä"

msgctxt "#558"
msgid "Album"
msgstr "Albumi"

Do you know where this translation is used?
xml:
msgctxt "#267"
msgid "Sort by: Time"
msgstr "Lajittelu: Kesto"
Going by your screenshot:

Kesto: 20:00 come from String #555 (Time in English)
Kesto: 02:05:00 comes from String #180 (Duration in English)

As from what you've posted Kesto is the same a Duration then that suggests String #180 is translated correctly but String #555 is not.

If Aika is Time (Google Translate agrees on this) then String #555 should be updated.
(2021-07-23, 13:21)jjd-uk Wrote: Going by your screenshot:

Kesto: 20:00 come from String #555 (Time in English)
Kesto: 02:05:00 comes from String #180 (Duration in English)

As from what you've posted Kesto is the same a Duration then that suggests String #180 is translated correctly but String #555 is not.

If Aika is Time (Google Translate agrees on this) then String #555 should be updated.

String # 180 is correct. But translating "Time" is tricky because it depends on the context in which the translation is used. If it is only used in PVR section and not to tell duration then correct translation is "Aika" and not "Kesto".
(2021-07-23, 13:04)-Dis Wrote: Do you know where this translation is used?
xml:
msgctxt "#267"
msgid "Sort by: Time"
msgstr "Lajittelu: Kesto"

I can't see any mention of $LOCALIZE[267] in the code, so not sure that is even used, however SortByTime is a Sort by Duration method so that is most likely correct.
(2021-07-23, 13:36)-Dis Wrote: String # 180 is correct. But translating "Time" is tricky because it depends on the context in which the translation is used. If it is only used in PVR section and not to tell duration then correct translation is "Aika" and not "Kesto".

String #555 is only used at:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/58e75a...s.xml#L578
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/58e75a...e.xml#L197

So that is Time of day for PVR.
Thanks for checking. I changed "Kesto" to "Aika" in Weblate.
Perfect, thanks.
I see that it's changed now.

I have pushed the change to the language addons and I will do a version bump to release new versions soon.
https://github.com/xbmc/repo-resources/p...7ce9c24da1

I'll mark this thread as solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Finnish translation error in msgctxt #5550