Stop Directory refresh on playback ending.
Is there any way to stop the Directory from refreshing when playback ends. 

My addon loads a directory list that has a lot of items and requires scraping. I can traverse it and it stays in history just fine, even for hours. But if I play something when it ends, or is stopped, the list will refresh like the addon url is being called again. 

How can I prevent this?

As well when I play a trailer from the Movie information screen the addon reverts to the directory list. I would like the Movie Information Dialog to stay up, which I call in my addon with  xbmcgui.Dialog().info(list_item)
Well, the video database is updated whenever a video is paused or has ended.

If that happens 1 or more times, then the video info displayed in Kodi would no longer represent the actual situation.
Widgets in the Kodi screen(s) are updated every time a video has ended. That's not something easily circumvented, if at all.

I don't know your add-on, but perhaps you need to implement some type of caching mechanism. And scraping is usually required only once.
If memory serves one way to avoid this would be to roll your own gui with windowxml (script.video.whatever) as opposed to plugin.video.whatever "architecture".
It's much more complicated and involved but gives you full control over what and how your gui is displayed to the user, when it is updated, how the events are handled and etc.
(2021-07-27, 11:03)Klojum Wrote: Well, the video database is updated whenever a video is paused or has ended.

If that happens 1 or more times, then the video info displayed in Kodi would no longer represent the actual situation.
Widgets in the Kodi screen(s) are updated every time a video has ended. That's not something easily circumvented, if at all.

I don't know your add-on, but perhaps you need to implement some type of caching mechanism. And scraping is usually required only once.
Thank you, it's a custom add on based on the example video plugin. It does update the "watched" status, but I would be ok if it didnt just to avoid the refresh.
(2021-07-27, 15:01)asavah Wrote: If memory serves one way to avoid this would be to roll your own gui with windowxml (script.video.whatever) as opposed to plugin.video.whatever "architecture".
It's much more complicated and involved but gives you full control over what and how your gui is displayed to the user, when it is updated, how the events are handled and etc.
Yeah, thats sounds overly complex.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stop Directory refresh on playback ending.0