Solved Thread view count
Something's up with this metric post update. I've seen thread view numbers not budge since the weekend despite my clicks attempting to move the needle. Has what constitutes a view changed or is something amiss? thx
Probably related to this... https://github.com/mybb/mybb/pull/4266
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Indeed. Thanks.
One more question. Have guests been excluded from incrementing view counters?
(2021-07-27, 21:57)nonJon Wrote: One more question. Have guests been excluded from incrementing view counters?
Hmmm, now that I check our own settings there should not be any changes. The task scheduler settings is set to update views every 15 minutes

What exactly are you seeing with thread counts?

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Been watching the top thread in the quartz sub-forum. Ordinarily, I would expect to see dozens of hits per day but the view count hasn't budged since the maintenance. I've clicked into that thread a number of times trying to influence the count. No change.

Lets monitor these two forums for a couple of days. Maybe @ronie has some insight.
My Signature
as far as i can see it all works as it should.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
^ scratch that. it works ok for most threads, but not for some.
i'll have another look...
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
after looking into the issue for too many hours, i think i've identified two possible causes for the view count not to be updated.

the problem seem to occur with:
1) threads that contain an [imgur] gallery
2) threads that have smilies in one or more posts

the first one, i have no clue about. an imgur gallery loads a bunch of javascript that might
mess up some functionality of the forum (but that's just a guess)

the second one might be fixable as it looks to be related to the custom mybb theme we use.
if i switch to the default theme, the view counts on those threads are updated properly.

perhaps there are other causes, but so far i've only found those two.
Interesting. 1 & 2 are definitely common denominators in the problematic threads I've been monitoring.
the problem with smilies has been fixed. that was indeed caused by a bug in our custom theme.
the issue with imgur galleries has been fixed as well.
the mybb software didn't like the code we used to embed galleries, so i modified the code a bit to keep our forum happy.
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thread view count0