Subtitles move up and over
(2021-07-31, 18:29)Klojum Wrote: ...but I have a spider sense that Raspbian might be the culprit here. I'll have a try later on.

Update:  I have found a consistency:  It happens when a line of text is over 30 characters.  That is when the whole caption will jump.

In an experiment, I created a burned-in rendition, and during playback on a different computer/system/player, I noticed some long lines would run off the screen.  It seems Kodi places the whole caption further to the left to get more space.  Also, if I "rewind", placement is normal but jumps at the same point.

It also explains it is not HandBrake, and why I was not seeing the symptom during creation on my computer while playing back on VLC.

Soo... If there are any tweaks/switches to set, great.  If not, this is will how it will have to be.
(2021-08-31, 08:52)LouF Wrote: Soo... If there are any tweaks/switches to set, great.  If not, this is will how it will have to be.

Since this does not happen in Kodi's own and LibreELEC's releases, I'm still inclined to call it a mishap in Team RPi's forking/adapting of Kodi. Something that is happening at a length of 30 chars could be as simple as a typo where 30 has to be 80.

I'd be interested in Team RPi's take on this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles move up and over0