OS X Kodi cannot connect to Mac OS SMB server
My Mac enabled the File Sharing, and ticked user for Windows File Sharing.

I can successfully connect this server by another Mac directly, and another player, play the videos without any issue.
Code:

Then I use Kodi to connect the server, I can add network location, and browse the folders in the server. However, when I tried to open the file, it raised an error: "One or more items failed to play. Check the log for more information about this message."

When I checked the logs, below is the main error:

Code:
ERROR <general>:Getting extended attributes for the share: 'smb://USERNAMETongue[email protected]/movies/video.mp4" unix_err:'36' error: 'Connection reset by peer'

Then I tried to connect the server via command-line app smbclient:

Code:
$ smbclient \\\\192.168.1.110\\movies password --user username -d 5

It will generate the connection but failed before the prompt. Shows this error:

Code:
smb: \> SMBecho failed (NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_DISCONNECTED). The connection is disconnected now

However, when I changed the config in smb.conf with client max protocol = NT1, which forces the negotiation to NT1(SMBv1), it works and I can see all the files.

I suspect this is the issue which makes the kodi not work as well. But I don't know how to fix it. Does anyone have thoughts or solution?
forcing SMBv1 is the only solution currently, can also be done in Kodi settings instead of mac's smb.conf

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi cannot connect to Mac OS SMB server0