How does one use Playlist.Position?
Hello, I'm trying to use fanart as the background on the loading screen.  I'm currently using

Code:
$INFO[Player.Art(fanart)]
This works fine, but only once the video starts playing.  There's some delay going on due to transcoding, so I'd like to pull the fanart from the playlist instead.

I was expecting

Code:
$INFO[Container(50).ListItemPosition($INFO[Playlist.Position]).Art(fanart)]
to get me there, but I'm not getting anything to show up. 
Code:
$INFO[System.CurrentControlID]
indicates I should have the right ID.  So far, I'm unable to get Container(any-id) to show anything, so I'm clearly doing something wrong.

Could some skinning gurus point me in the right direction?  Thanks.
I've taken a short look at GUIInfoManager.cpp.  It looks like what I actually want may be VideoPlayer.offset(1).Art(fanart), but offset() does not appear to be working with art().

An aside: Fanart.Image is currently not on the wiki.
(2021-08-06, 21:30)jessbo Wrote: An aside: Fanart.Image is currently not on the wiki.

I see it now, at the bottom.  I'd edit it out of the post, but don't see an edit button.

Also just saw commit #18410, "Add offset/position support to Player.* infolabels".  So it's just Art() not working with offset(), I guess?  The closest I've been able to get is $INFO[Player.offset(1).Cover], which isn't quite what I'm looking for.

If there's some other way to accomplish this, feel free to point me in the right direction.
And now for the exciting (?) conclusion.  I was never able to get the information I wanted out of the infolabels, but was able to access it via Python (and presumably the JSON-API, if one was so inclined).

I created a little script that gathers the info and writes it as a property of the home window.  Here's an incomplete snippet.  Hopefully some future person finds it useful.

Code:
playlist = xbmc.PlayList(xbmc.PLAYLIST_VIDEO)
pos = playlist.getposition()
    if pos == -1:
        # On the video playlist, use ListItem for position
        if xbmcgui.getCurrentWindowId() == WINDOW_VIDEOPLAYLIST:
            pos = int(xbmc.getInfoLabel('ListItem.CurrentItem')) - 1

listitem = playlist[pos + offset]
artwork = listitem.getArt('fanart') or listitem.getArt('thumb')

For the sake of testing, I had this debug code:

Code:
infotags = listitem.getVideoInfoTag()
title = infotags.getTitle()
tvshow = infotags.getTVShowTitle()
log(f'python: {tvshow} - {title} - {fanart} / {thumb}')

title = xbmc.getInfoLabel('VideoPlayer.Position({pos + offset}).Title')
tvshow = xbmc.getInfoLabel('VideoPlayer.Position({pos + offset}).TvShowTitle')
fanart = xbmc.getInfoLabel('VideoPlayer.Position({pos + offset}).Art(Fanart)')
thumb = xbmc.getInfoLabel('VideoPlayer.Position({pos + offset}).Art(Thumb)')
log(f'infolabel: {tvshow} - {title} - {fanart} / {thumb}')

The "python" line worked fine, but the "infolabel" line never output any artwork.  Not sure if I'm doing it wrong.  Regardless, I was able to chain together my little script, some keymappings, and the skin to accomplish my goal.

The end.

Credits roll:

Post-credits trailer:

Fin.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How does one use Playlist.Position?0