No Picture: 4k Downscale to 1080p
Looking for some advice for a problem I cannot resolve.  I have no problem playing Remux 4k files through kodi 19.1 via Fire TV Cubes to 1080p TVs, some buffering when skipping forward etc. but no playback issues.  However I have one file that when it finishes buffering plays only audio no picture at all - and I have recreated from source with the same problem.  Log file attached showing two movie resume plays, both files created from my original blue ray copies within the past day by the same method with no re-encoding, the first (v for vendetta) plays fine, the second (1917) gives no picture.  https://paste.kodi.tv/ororiqamah   the first file which is ok is 65.6 Mb/s and HDR10, the second which does not play is 76.4 Mb/s and HDR10+ with no other differences that I can see.  Any advice?
(2021-08-08, 16:04)moono Wrote: Looking for some advice for a problem I cannot resolve.  I have no problem playing Remux 4k files through kodi 19.1 via Fire TV Cubes to 1080p TVs, some buffering when skipping forward etc. but no playback issues.  However I have one file that when it finishes buffering plays only audio no picture at all - and I have recreated from source with the same problem.  Log file attached showing two movie resume plays, both files created from my original blue ray copies within the past day by the same method with no re-encoding, the first (v for vendetta) plays fine, the second (1917) gives no picture.  https://paste.kodi.tv/ororiqamah   the first file which is ok is 65.6 Mb/s and HDR10, the second which does not play is 76.4 Mb/s and HDR10+ with no other differences that I can see.  Any advice?
Its definitely a HDR+ issue as I now have the same problem with another HDR+ film.  Same issues on three different fire tv cubes (all 2nd gen) and three different 108p TVs all other films (including HDR ones) play but not the two HDR+ where I just get audio.  I guess I will have to enact the plans for buying a new 4k TV and hope I can watch the films on that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Picture: 4k Downscale to 1080p0