Play Shuffled / Randomized
Please tell me, if there is an easy way to add "Play Shuffled" / "Play Randomized" to the context menu. If not, please consider this a big feature request.

What do I mean?

In WinAMP, I drag files onto WinAMP, press the shuffle button --> done, randomized playlist.
In VLC, I drag files onto VLC, press the shuffle button --> done, randomized playlist.
In MusicBee, I right-click on a genre or what have you, play shuffled --> done, randomized playlist.
In BlackPlayer, I press on an album, genre, what have you, play shuffled --> done, randomized playlist.

In Kodi, I
1) Find the thing I want to randomize (file folder, genre, what have you)
2) Open the context menu (option button on the remote, context-menu key on Windows)
3) Press Play
4) Press Tab to switch to the fuill-screen menu (or press the back-button a couple of time on the remote, if running on RPi)
5) Open the context menu again -- this time, it's the playlist
6) Press the left button a couple of times to reach the shuffle button
7) Press the shuffle option
8) Skip the current track to get a "random" track
9) close the context menu
...to get the same result like in WinAMP / VLC / MusicBee / BlackPlayer

Isn't there a better way? Please fix or tell me, how to do it like in the other players.

What I'd like to do in Kodi, as well, is:
1) Open the context menu
2) Press "Play Shuffled" (which doesn't seem to exist)
3) Done

...especially for Music / Music Videos and all their sub-nodes, but useful pretty much everywhere for me.

Thanks!
I don't see this behaviour, do you have your music added to the Library? All I do is go into an Album, play a track then click 'Random' on the OSD.
(2021-08-08, 16:58)FXB78 Wrote: I don't see this behaviour, do you have your music added to the Library? All I do is go into an Album, play a track then click 'Random' on the OSD.

Context menu before pressing "Play":

After I pressed "Play":

(Same for genres and other nodes)

I don't see a "Random".
I didn't mention the Context Menu, you don't need it. Play a track then choose Random from the OSD.
Step 1:

Step 2:

...no Random, no difference to Context Menu > Play. And to be honest, all I'm missing is Context Menu > Play Shuffled, I like that way the tracks play in the background (not that I'd know how to change that).
Step 1:

Step 2:

As for the Context Menu thing, there is an addon to play random videos from the context menu, but it doesn't seem to be compatible with music files as far as I can tell. Perhaps you could ask the addon author if he could adapt it to allow music as well https://github.com/rmrector/script.playrandomvideos/
(2021-08-08, 21:18)FXB78 Wrote: As for the Context Menu thing, there is an addon to play random videos from the context menu, but it doesn't seem to be compatible with music files as far as I can tell. Perhaps you could ask the addon author if he could adapt it to allow music as well https://github.com/rmrector/script.playrandomvideos/

Thank you, will do.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Play Shuffled / Randomized0